Buying a jeep cover

thechrisjones

In the market for a basic cover if I get caught in the rain with my doors and top off... Any brands you recommend or do not recommend?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
In the market for a basic cover if I get caught in the rain with my doors and top off... Any brands you recommend or do not recommend?

only experience I have ever had with a cover was with a YJ and a rain gear top, it did its job well, and was super easy to throw on the jeep in a hurry, and while pooring rain. Kept the interior dry, but does cause the windows to fog up pretty bad if the sun comes out right after the storm like it does here in houston. all in all, it worked great, and I will likely eventually have one in the back of the JK when topless for I.C.E.

Other then that, I want to read some others responses. :thumb:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Looking for the same idea for my JKUR in rainy georgia. never really worry about my CJ7 with just a bikini top back in Oklahoma.

chipper

I think the best way to go is the rain gear jeep cover. It works with the doors off to. I don't personally have one but I've been looking also and this seems like the best choice for me. Just not to sure how much room it takes up when not using it.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I think the best way to go is the rain gear jeep cover. It works with the doors off to. I don't personally have one but I've been looking also and this seems like the best choice for me. Just not to sure how much room it takes up when not using it.

Have the same type by Bestop (Trail Cover), works a treat but forget driving with it as it covers the windshield. (more water-tight than the hard top + freedom tops: no water seeping in through the B pillar/roll bar area)

for an emergency in the rain on the move the Quadratop thing is better IMHO.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I like the idea of both the emergency top if you have to drive with it and a regular full cover for overnight full coverage top. If the emergency top is good enough for overnight and still wont leak, and goes on easy, it may be a winner compromise.

asullivan920

I haven't used the emergency top. I would like to see how it would do with a set of soft front doors so that you can still drive and stay some what dry. I saw in the details that it was for low speeds. Not sure how low that is?

I have a trail cover and it worked great during a 2 day camping trip when it rained both nights and was completely topless. Jeep was nice and dry inside.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Good to know on the trail cover.

I saw where the emergency top was for slow speed too. That kinda limits its usefullness. I am more concerned with the overnight rain (and the heavy morning dew here). So i will be getting a heavy cover, but I want it to fit over the soft top too. Hmmm

thechrisjones

I'm looking for something where if I drive to work with the top off and doors off and a rain cloud comes I can go and cover it up quickly. Not looking to drive with it

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Good to know on the trail cover.

I saw where the emergency top was for slow speed too. That kinda limits its usefullness. I am more concerned with the overnight rain (and the heavy morning dew here). So i will be getting a heavy cover, but I want it to fit over the soft top too. Hmmm

the bestop trail cover will fit just fine, goes over topless, freedom tops, ht top w/o freedom tops,httop +freedom tops + doorless. never had a problem so i guess it will also go over your soft top.

IMG_0964.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive wanted to get one of these just incase, but now seeing the 2 door option it wouldnt work with the rear rock hard cage section I dont think

Top Bottom