Road trip stop ideas?

noroad

So we have a pretty big road trip coming up in July here and were wondering if people wouldn't mind sharing must see stops on our route or close to it! Ill give a small idea of what we think we want do, as we are still on the wing idea!

We are mainly going to be taking I80 out, Route 1 as along as we can, any road to las Vegas lol. With I40 being the main path back to the east maybe I81 or I95 home from there! The way out is pretty set in stone and pretty direct, so that is kinda limited, we are really interested in the road home were we have some time to lose! So any good food places, maybe some wheeling spots that type of stuff! thanks guys, Maybe ill see you along the way!
RT.jpg
Map is just for help.

Towns we think we might stay over night
San Fran
Las Vegas,NV
Albuquerque, NM
little rock, AR
Memphis, TN
D.C.
Open to others!

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What jeep are you taking? Going through Wyoming, don't blink passing through Rawlins

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hahaha i have thought about that over and over again lol. figure i would save that for the next wheeling trip. i feel like there is so much to see everywhere!

Lol Not me, I plan on hitting both if my 2017 plans work out.

That is a big "IF" though. :(

Wardell

Have you thought about taking part of Route 66? Much of it parallels the I-40, and there are a lot of historic buildings and sites along the route. Eddie put a few pics from this in the Roadside America thread, and he did a video of the drive he took along it after he picked up Vengeance. This would definitely be a trip I'd like to take whenever I visit the US, so I thought it would be a good suggestion.

It even sounds like there are a few sections that have long been bypassed, abandoned and eroded that can still be driven as off road trails too. The TFLCar guys just did a video driving one of those trails in New Mexico (that part of the video starts at 7:22). It didn't look very challenging to do in their stock Rubicon with a trailer, but I'd be interested in driving it for the history and the scenery.

07JKSahara

Let us know when you're in the SF Bay Area. Beers on me. I've done the drive a few times when I moved and for a couple summers. It's really beautiful, so much America people hardly ever see. I'll try to think of cool places, but I pretty much drive straight through.

Top Bottom