Esp bas light

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Yesterday I slid into a pretty good sized log. Now my esp bas and traction control light are in. Steering wheel is a bit to the right as well. One am I good to drive on it and two what could be wrong. Drag link out of wack?

I've gotten that ESC light a couple of times after wheeling really hard.... adjust your steering link to straighten your steering wheel back to 12 o'clock and after driving a higher speeds for a little the light will go out, the computer just needs to sense the wheel and steering are going in the same direction and not skidding down an ice sheet.....:yup: You can drive normally with the light on if the linkage is off a little but if it's off quite a bit, the computer will sense a major skid and it'll brake / shunt the engine speed down to 'stop the skid'.:thumb:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I've gotten that ESC light a couple of times after wheeling really hard.... adjust your steering link to straighten your steering wheel back to 12 o'clock and after driving a higher speeds for a little the light will go out, the computer just needs to sense the wheel and steering are going in the same direction and not skidding down an ice sheet.....:yup: You can drive normally with the light on if the linkage is off a little but if it's off quite a bit, the computer will sense a major skid and it'll brake / shunt the engine speed down to 'stop the skid'.:thumb:

Yea I figured it was like most lights and just needed time to reset but had a 3 hr drive back home so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Got it re centered, guess time will tell with the light.

When you bump something with a tire does it cause that turn buckle to slip?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Ever since I put my turnbuckle like this where the clamps line up with the seam it seems to clamp better. Placebo effect? I don't know, but worth trying. These steering wheels are pretty picky about being exactly centered.

Attachments

• 1430490663071.jpg
    1430490663071.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 29

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Ever since I put my turnbuckle like this where the clamps line up with the seam it seems to clamp better. Placebo effect? I don't know, but worth trying. These steering wheels are pretty picky about being exactly centered.

Sweet thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Top Bottom