Big wave from Virginia!

CoryB

Hi there folks.

I just joined this forum after getting my 2015 2-door JK a few weeks ago. This is actually my seventh Jeep. We have had a 1998 TJ (mine - sold in a fit of stupidity) and a 2000 TJ that my wife still has. Over the years we've also had a 1997 TJ, a 2002 Liberty, a 1984 CJ-7 and a 1985 Scrambler.

I was a trail guide at every Virginia Camp Jeep and my wife got her TJ and started trail guiding in 2000. I helped start a Jeep club in my area which ultimately fell apart due to politics so I'm looking for some new folks to trail ride with.

My JK has acquired a set of 305/65-17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires (33x12.5) and I have a 2" OME lift coming for it. Side rails have been ordered but I'm still shopping for skids.

It'll be a while for the newness to wear off before I tackle any hard-core trails but I'm really looking forward to getting back into the Jeep life.

K.D.C.H

Welcome to Wayalife. Sorry to hear about the politics from your old club but don't worry, nothing like that here :D

Sounds like a nice line up of Jeep you've had. Some pictures would be great to go along with the story

K.D.C.H

Also if you're looking for skids, check out the EVO Protek System. Great products and they really can take a beating :thumb:

CoryB

Pictures? You want pictures? I gotcher pictures right here. :D Every one of our vehicles has a name - they are listed with the pics.

My TJeep - my 1998 TJ. Sold in a moment of highly regretted stupidity.
Cory%u00252526Cindy.jpg

El Jeepo Rojo - my oldest son's first vehicle.
eljeepo1.jpg

Yellow Fellow on the day my wife got it.
yellojeep.jpg

Yellow Fellow as it is now. She still has this one.
DCP00591.JPG

Scrambolero - this was to be the Jeep for our youngest son but he decided he wanted a Honda instead. I ended up selling it due to too many other commitments. As usual, I regret selling it despite the work it needed.
DCP00647.JPG

This is my wife posing with UGLee the Jeep. Another project that was sold before it was completed.
clb_ugl.jpg

Pontouf the Liberty. Yes, we took it on some off-road expeditions but nothing too extreme.
pontouf1.jpg

And last, Ollie, my new JK. I removed the side stickers but this is before anything else was done. He is now sporting some 305/65-17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires and is impatiently waiting on his 2" OME lift and ACE sidebars.
photo.JPG

Jeeplife101

Pictures? You want pictures? I gotcher pictures right here. :D Every one of our vehicles has a name - they are listed with the pics.

My TJeep - my 1998 TJ. Sold in a moment of highly regretted stupidity.
View attachment 140547

El Jeepo Rojo - my oldest son's first vehicle.
View attachment 140548

Yellow Fellow on the day my wife got it.
View attachment 140549

Yellow Fellow as it is now. She still has this one.
View attachment 140550

Scrambolero - this was to be the Jeep for our youngest son but he decided he wanted a Honda instead. I ended up selling it due to too many other commitments. As usual, I regret selling it despite the work it needed.
View attachment 140551

This is my wife posing with UGLee the Jeep. Another project that was sold before it was completed.
View attachment 140552

Pontouf the Liberty. Yes, we took it on some off-road expeditions but nothing too extreme.
View attachment 140553

And last, Ollie, my new JK. I removed the side stickers but this is before anything else was done. He is now sporting some 305/65-17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires and is impatiently waiting on his 2" OME lift and ACE sidebars.
View attachment 140554

Is Ollie 4wd? I know it's a dumb question but I didn't notice a trail rated badge on him, unless you removed it with the stickers.
I like them all tho, but wish I could have been the one who bought the scrambler lol

CoryB

Yes, Ollie is 4WD. The Trail Rated badge now lives on the side of my toolbox along with the Jeep lettering from the grille. Are Wranglers even available in 2WD? That's a sin! :eek:

I have the old style "Jeep" lettered decals that will be going where the Sport and Wrangler decals were on the front fenders but it's been too rainy to put them on. I don't keep the stock letters or stickers on most of my vehicles - just one of my many peculiarities. I also won't use dealer advertising license plate frames and ALWAYS remove the dealer stickers as soon as I get a vehicle home.

Ollie will also ultimately get an NRA Life Member sticker somewhere along with a Jeep "Endangered Species" sticker.

Jeeplife101

Yes, Ollie is 4WD. The Trail Rated badge now lives on the side of my toolbox along with the Jeep lettering from the grille. Are Wranglers even available in 2WD? That's a sin! :eek:

I have the old style "Jeep" lettered decals that will be going where the Sport and Wrangler decals were on the front fenders but it's been too rainy to put them on. I don't keep the stock letters or stickers on most of my vehicles - just one of my many peculiarities. I also won't use dealer advertising license plate frames and ALWAYS remove the dealer stickers as soon as I get a vehicle home.

Ollie will also ultimately get an NRA Life Member sticker somewhere along with a Jeep "Endangered Species" sticker.

Yeah , sadly they do and yes it is a sin LOL. I like the way it looks with the lettering off. Awesome jeeps man!

Top Bottom