Add Backup Camera to Stock U-Connect 430 Radio?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Has anyone ever attempted? I would like to add one without replacing the entire unit.

JagJeeper

Got the same radio. I used the MYGIG lockpick and wired a camera to it with a license relocation. Works great.

Attachments

• 1430581532890.jpg
    1430581532890.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 1430581895110.jpg
    1430581895110.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 318

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Has anyone ever attempted? I would like to add one without replacing the entire unit.

I used the navtool as well for mine. Works fine but don't like navtool. The have zero support and aren't the best to deal with, but their harness works. The ad said it would disable nav in motion and some other things but it does none of that....just enabled the camera.

jeppalexman

I used the navtool as well for mine. Works fine but don't like navtool. The have zero support and aren't the best to deal with, but their harness works. The ad said it would disable nav in motion and some other things but it does none of that....just enabled the camera.

I was under impression it doesn't either but it actually does , Press 3 times middle button on the back of the steering wheel , on left hand side

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
i do it anytime, but if you have 6MT like myself you will have to reprogram the interface first, mine didn't work at first I had to load new software which was pretty easy process

I have an AT, but I just ran to the auto store for some brake cleaner and tried it..and sure enough if I hit it 3 times the address field lights up. There wasn't any mention of this in the little documentation I could find. Are there any other known functions or a reference?

jeppalexman

I have an AT, but I just ran to the auto store for some brake cleaner and tried it..and sure enough if I hit it 3 times the address field lights up. There wasn't any mention of this in the little documentation I could find. Are there any other known functions or a reference?

i don't use this feature often unless I tow my jet ski, but when vehicle in drive same button press and hold for 3 seconds you get camera while in drive, but I had to rewire my camera to accessory power.

i don't use this feature often unless I tow my jet ski, but when vehicle in drive same button press and hold for 3 seconds you get camera while in drive, but I had to rewire my camera to accessory power.

What wire did you tap into to view camera while in drive

OhNoTheJiggies

Im doing mine this week. But im just wiring it in and having the dealer flash my nav to work with it when i shift into reverse.

OhNoTheJiggies

Got the same radio. I used the MYGIG lockpick and wired a camera to it with a license relocation. Works great.

Hey, im thinking about getting that tire carrier... how do you like it? Any rattles? And does it seem as sturdy as it looks in the pictures?

Sorry. Not trying to hijack and redirect the topic.

james2003w

I'm told dealers will flash from anywhere of $60-$150. I installed the camera myself in the bumper it was like $15 for parts off Amazon.

Warranty Warning: If you still have a warranty and your stereo is covered, be aware that having it flashed MAY void your warranty. Thankfully I was having issues with the Garmin maps/voice commands AND the radio prior to them flashing it for the backup cam. Otherwise they would not replace it under warranty because I "modified my stereo's firmware"

Top Bottom