2012 JK, SuperChips FlashCal, cannot get TPMS to work

el_chupo_

As the title states, I cannot get the TPMS turned off for the jeep. I have done some searching here, and have done the "back and forth" to the Jeep and computer, I have contacted Superchips, who gave me instructions to download the update through Windows Update and turning off all security features on the computer, but that wont work either. I have restarted half a dozen times, I have installed every required and optional update (except Skype) available, and I cannot get this to work.

They do not support Apple OSX, so I cannot try this on another computer, only have my laptop.

Does anyone have any ideas they have used to get this working? Im getting tired of the stupid light...

wcarlson40

They told me (at least for my 2014 JKU) that it doesn't work, that you can't turn it off. You can only turn it "down", which didn't seem to work very well either. I kinda feel deceived by Superchips. I think their quality has kinda taken a dump since they were bought out...

JagJeeper

Same problem got 2014 they said I can turn off the TPMS with off-road feature. But, can adjust it. Very disappointing. Wondering if I should of bought AEV. Also the 87 octane tune they said gives you 20 extra horsepower. I didn't notice that. But, did notice it didn't shift smooth. I was thinking my 3.5 inch lift was too much for my stock driveshaft. Went back to stock no issues.

el_chupo_

Try clearing the code first, then programming the Jeep.

What code do I need to clear? I did go through and "clear all codes", though it was not throwing any. I can try again, as well.

And thanks wcarlson and Jagjeeper. Not sure what to do, may need to buy the AEV...:doh:

Heholua

What code do I need to clear? I did go through and "clear all codes", though it was not throwing any. I can try again, as well.

And thanks wcarlson and Jagjeeper. Not sure what to do, may need to buy the AEV...:doh:

Air your tires up to 40 psi and drive around until the light goes off and then reprogram. If the light won't go off after you air up and drive around, you probably have a bad sensor.

Heholua

Air your tires up to 40 psi and drive around until the light goes off and then reprogram. If the light won't go off after you air up and drive around, you probably have a bad sensor.

You might not be able to fully turn it off, but should be able to program to a low enough psi where the light won't come on when you air down.

USMCvet

Banned
As the title states, I cannot get the TPMS turned off for the jeep. I have done some searching here, and have done the "back and forth" to the Jeep and computer, I have contacted Superchips, who gave me instructions to download the update through Windows Update and turning off all security features on the computer, but that wont work either. I have restarted half a dozen times, I have installed every required and optional update (except Skype) available, and I cannot get this to work.

They do not support Apple OSX, so I cannot try this on another computer, only have my laptop.

Does anyone have any ideas they have used to get this working? Im getting tired of the stupid light...

This is more than likely of no help, but on my '15 I finally got the TPMS turned off. The process was arduous and it took seven updates of the Flashcal on a friend's Windows based PC, all I have is a Mac. He went through the update process 6 times. Then, it took both of us, and a 12 pack of beer, to go through the Flashcal interface with my JK to get the TPMS turned off and to actually take that program. I'm not sure what the mechanics were behind why it ultimately worked.

el_chupo_

OE wheels/tires/sensors are not on the jeep. I need to get this turned off completely, or it wont work at all. I could use the programmer to set tire size back, throw the old ones on to clear the light, then start all over, but I really dont want to...

This is more than likely of no help, but on my '15 I finally got the TPMS turned off. The process was arduous and it took seven updates of the Flashcal on a friend's Windows based PC, all I have is a Mac. He went through the update process 6 times. Then, it took both of us, and a 12 pack of beer, to go through the Flashcal interface with my JK to get the TPMS turned off and to actually take that program. I'm not sure what the mechanics were behind why it ultimately worked.

Will keep on trying with this.

Thanks!

Heholua

OE wheels/tires/sensors are not on the jeep. I need to get this turned off completely, or it wont work at all. I could use the programmer to set tire size back, throw the old ones on to clear the light, then start all over, but I really dont want to...

There is your problem.....I know you don't want to change out the tires, but it's the only way you'll get the light off to reprogram.

USMC Wrangler

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but... When I recently bought my Flashcal and attempted to run the Spark program for updates, adding the TPMS feature and ultimately upgrading it to the Flashpaq (for 50% off) I could not get Windows Firewall to shutoff. I had McAfee installed which controlled the Windows Firewall. I tried and tried to get McAfee to allow me to turn off Windows Firewall, but no dice. I uninstalled McAfee, shutoff Windows Firewall and Spark finally updated everything. It seems to me that the Spark program is nothing but a virus users allow to run, but I'm no computer wizard. My previous experiences with Superchips several years ago was much better. I didn't realize until after I purchased this and used it that Superchips had changed hands and quality has suffered. I miss having the 87 Towing that my '99 F150 tuner offered.

I have not tried the TPMS adjustments yet. I do feel (I know, very subjective) that the 87 Perf runs my 2013 JKUS a little better through shift points and shift pressure (I'm guessing). With slightly taller tires, 3.21's and the 87 Perf setting, I actually picked up about one MPG after calculating manually 3 fill-ups. Other than the tune, I have my tire size set at 32" for my 255/80R17 BFG KM2's and the fog lights on with high beam function. Other than that, I have not played with any other settings.

Good luck!

JohnnyD

So I have a 2014 JKR and got this to work by using the off-road setting in flashpaq. BUT initially it did not really work. When starting got the check tpms and all zeros....nothing after just upon start.

Then I read somewhere here that the aev procal was doing same thing and they recommended disconnecting the battery for 10 min ( this is after setting to off-road) and this worked for me with the flashpaq

Top Bottom