Cruise Control not working?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
My cruise control stopped working on the way home from wheeling this afternoon. The "cruise" indicator still comes on when it is toggled with the steering wheel switch. There is no error or CIL, but the cruise control does not function when "set" is depressed. I checked the fuse box and I believe that M15 is the cruise fuse. It was fine. Any ideas?

jeeeep

Hooked
My cruise control stopped working on the way home from wheeling this afternoon. The "cruise" indicator still comes on when it is toggled with the steering wheel switch. There is no error or CIL, but the cruise control does not function when "set" is depressed. I checked the fuse box and I believe that M15 is the cruise fuse. It was fine. Any ideas?

I'm thinking clock spring if it's not fuse

K.D.C.H

Is your steering wheel centered? Mine was off center and cruise control wouldn't work until I straightened it.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Is your steering wheel centered? Mine was off center and cruise control wouldn't work until I straightened it.

It's a bit off. But not far enough for me to think it would cause the cruise to malfunction. Been too lazy to mess with it. Looks like I have the motivation to go adjust the drag link now...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
My steering wheel was slightly off center, and I mean slightly. The wife couldn't even tell it was off and her OCD is worse than mine. I've done a crap ton of alignments when I worked at the stealership, so I got pretty anal about the steering wheels being dead center. Anyways, it was off enough that it caused the traction light to be on and cruise not to work.

I haven't seen it in person on the jeeps but have heard about the clock spring being bad and causing the same issues also. Fairly simple to replace though.

Bustedback

Your brake light switch may be bad. Lift up on the brake pedal a little as you're driving and see if the cruise works.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
It was the steering wheel. Took me a bit to remember that the drag link las a left hand thread but once I remembered it was fixed in 5 min. Thanks everyone!!!

AlStew

Bumping a slightly older thread for some insight from some members who have more experience than I have.

2013 JKUR on stock suspension/drive train.

My cruise control stopped working today on the freeway.

Also my dash would go full Christmas tree and the speedo would drop to zero. This happened intermittently (happened about 5 times) only for a second and everything would go back to normal.

Thanks in advance,
-Al

StrizzyChris

Often the horn goes out too if it's the clock spring.

It can, but definitely not always.

Bumping a slightly older thread for some insight from some members who have more experience than I have.

2013 JKUR on stock suspension/drive train.

My cruise control stopped working today on the freeway.

Also my dash would go full Christmas tree and the speedo would drop to zero. This happened intermittently (happened about 5 times) only for a second and everything would go back to normal.

Thanks in advance,
-Al

Describe "full Christmas tree"? Your abs lights and/or traction control lights come on?

Check your battery connection for corrosion and tightness. If a ton of lights came on.

If only the latter, as above, make sure that your steering wheel is centered.

AlStew

It can, but definitely not always.

Describe "full Christmas tree"? Your abs lights and/or traction control lights come on?

Check your battery connection for corrosion and tightness. If a ton of lights came on.

If only the latter, as above, make sure that your steering wheel is centered.

Thanks for the reply! Every single light on my dash came on and it would make the "ding" sound. Then everything would go back to normal. The traction control light stayed on for about 5 minutes.

I checked the steering wheel when I first was reading this thread. I'll check my battery now!

StrizzyChris

I could wiggle my negative terminal. I tightened down, so hopefully no more issues. As always, thanks for help!

I'm fairly confident, and hopefully, the terminal is all it was based on the symptoms. I have seen this happen once, and heard of it a few times as well with the exact same events. Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Top Bottom