Volant cai

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had one on my '08 JK. It's a quality intake. Fits great. Encloses the filter in a box which somewhat helps shield it from sucking in hot air from the radiator, and keeps water off the filter as well. You can remove the lid from the box if you'd like, to open it up a bit more.

USMCvet

Banned
I've got one on my 3.6 and it's great. It has a dry core filter and you just blow it out with a compressor. You access it by removing four Phillips head screws from the top panel.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the volant snorkel and it was a very nice intake, was going to leave just the cold air portion installed but decided to go back to stock for a while. Deff a nice intake however and very well made. Never had issues with dirt but i also ran the pre-filter sock thing on it.

steve_r2

Got the Volant with PowerCore filter in my '09
Very happy with it...... the PowerCore filter doesn't need changing till 100k or 4 years in normal conditions. I'll probably swap mine out in half that time due to the dust/sand here but not complaining.
Easy install and good quality.

bfschor

Isn't Volant the only one that offers a Donaldson filter? From what I read, they filter better than our stock paper filter and it flows more air.

bfschor

Hey Steve, did you feel any kind of positive or negative power results or even throttle response results after you installed this filter?

The Donaldson claims to flow more air and cleaner air, but I'm wondering how true it is.

If it flows less, then I would "think" you'd feel it in the throttle response. If it flows more, you might not feel anything at all.

Top Bottom