16X7 wheel with 4" bs question.

jeffd

I am wanting to replace my stock 16 steelies (2013 rku) with some aftermarket ones I have only found a few aftermarke wheels in 16X7 size. I am running 245/75-16 wildcountry xtx sports 10ply and want to keep them as I like how they ride and feel on the road and for the kind dirt/gravel roads I drive. my question is how will wheels with 4" of backspacing and 0 offset look compared to the stock steelies? I don't like how flat the stock rims look and would like something with a little deeper dish. I am Looking at some Black Rock series 942D's or or 997's. the 942's have a 1700 pound rating and the 997's have 2200 lbs rating. Is 1700 lb enough for a JKU? thanks jeff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
factory back spacing is 6.25" and so these will give you a "deeper dish" look. your tires will stick out a bit more from the fenders but, i think that's what you're hoping for. it's a good back spacing to go with.

jeffd

factory back spacing is 6.25" and so these will give you a "deeper dish" look. your tires will stick out a bit more from the fenders but, i think that's what you're hoping for. it's a good back spacing to go with.

thanks for the quick answer. another lame question but will the tires/wheels stick out 2.25" or half of that? thanks jeff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the quick answer. another lame question but will the tires/wheels stick out 2.25" or half of that? thanks jeff

not a lame question but to answer it, it will stick out 2.25". this diagram will help you to understand things better:

attachment.php

jeffd

so I found a good buy on some 16X8 racelines raptors with 4.5 bs are these going to be too wide for 245/75-16 or are they going to looking goofy due the narrow tire on the wide rim. the tires recommend 7" wide rims. thanks. jeff p.s I have done a google search trying to find out and come up empty. you would think that there would be a photo of a 245/75 tire mounted on a 16X rim lol

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
nah, 8" wide wheels is a great size and what most off roaders who don't have beadlocks prefer. 7" is a bit too narrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
even with the 245's? thanks jeff

actually, 8" wheels will give you a better fit. sure, off road you may run the risk of rolling a bead but, i seriously doubt that a 1" narrower wheel would make that much of a difference.

Top Bottom