Front bumper end cap damage

Cavscout263

Hey there got a bent/broken piece of my bumper end cap right over recovery hook. Just wondering if I can buy an end cap or something that I can replace it quick? Not looking to buy a new bumper right now.

Attachments

• 1430761211223.jpg
    1430761211223.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 104

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You're location is listed as "United States," awesome, but this won't help people get you one locally cause the USA is rather large. Where are you located? I have one taking up space in my shed.

JAGS

Hooked
As Strizzy said, you have to replace the whole front bumper. The section under the silver appliqué is still solid plastic all the way across. The silver part is optional and usually only comes on the Sahara models. Rubi and sport bumpers will be all black.

ArmyofMike

As soon as it stops raining here I am replacing it haha.

Or remove it and keep the metal bumper only! I did and like it way better than the plastic piece. Just grind off the coffee can bumpers on the metal bumper and repaint. Save your $$ for other mods. LOL

2015-04-25%2016.47.27_zpsybizkcu3.png

wcarlson40

Is it broke, or just bent in? I was able drill a hole on the back side, and then pop it back out with a screwdriver. Letting the plastic heat up in the hot sun made it a lot easier.

Right Rudder

Others have suggested a self-tapping drywall screw in the past. I just pried them off beast-mode style but that's because I knew I'd never be using them again. Try "gently prying" with a phillips-head screwdriver or bit for one-time removal. Destruction of them is assured via drill bit if you are sure you will never need them again. Removal might take some effort however.

Last edited:

Cavscout263

Exactly haha. I just straight up ripped them out and had to use a long ratchet to break the rusty bolts loose. Overall it was pretty fun to work on my Jeep. It's a wayalife! Thanks for the help yall.

Sincerely, Chris

Top Bottom