Retuning question.

Aeraun

I've installed an AFE air intake, AFE cat back exhaust, and AFE throttle body space on my '12 JKU automatic. I usually use the + and - to switch the gears as getting an automatic was a compromise and its boring lol, but I notice while in 2nd gear it tends to have a delay in acceleration when just cruising. I can only describe it as the rpms gradually increasing and then stopping or dropping slightly before continuing to increase even when I keep steady pressure on the gas. I've also had a significant decrease in gas mileage, though of course it could be the way I drive. I've also noticed that the ECO light under the speedometer is constantly going on and off depending on much gas I give, but even when I'm just cruising and not flooring it. I'm assuming that the increase in air flow has made it more difficult for the computer to decide to be in ECO mode or not and therefore effecting the valve timing and that's what is attributing to these issues. In that case I was hoping a dyno tune would assist with these issues. You guys have any thoughts/ideas?? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
tell us more about your jeep, is it running larger than stock tires and if so, did you make sure to calibrate your speedo correctly?

Aeraun

wayoflife said:
tell us more about your jeep, is it running larger than stock tires and if so, did you make sure to calibrate your speedo correctly?

No sir, all stock otherwise.

Jersey_Devil

My 2010 JKU Rubicon and my old 2010 JKU Sahara did the same thing with the eco light, it's only lit if I'm barely touching the gas, but the Sahara had 37s and the Rubi has 35s.... But with the lag ur describing I'd say it's just those damn triptronic transmissions.... They always have problems no matter who the manufacturer is.... Unless it's an indy car.... The button shifters will have problems....... Does it still give u the same problem if u just put it in "D"?

Aeraun

Jersey_Devil said:
My 2010 JKU Rubicon and my old 2010 JKU Sahara did the same thing with the eco light, it's only lit if I'm barely touching the gas, but the Sahara had 37s and the Rubi has 35s.... But with the lag ur describing I'd say it's just those damn triptronic transmissions.... They always have problems no matter who the manufacturer is.... Unless it's an indy car.... The button shifters will have problems....... Does it still give u the same problem if u just put it in "D"?

It does happen when I just leave it in D but I would say it isn't as much

Top Bottom