Transmission not engaging

BlackHabuJKU12

Yesterday, I finished installing 5.13 gears and E-Locker into a Dana 30/44. JKU 12'

Following the install I noticed the transmission not going into gear when shifting (automatic) from drive to reverse to drive.

Is this coincidence or a new problem all together? 38k miles, no work ever done to tranny. Fluid level is good. Only towed a hand full of times, max load maybe 2-3k short distances. Example 1000 yards.

I'm out of ideas.

noroad

Does the shift not go all the way back or is it in the revers location and nothing happens? maybe pop the plastics off and make sure the cables are all ok is a good place to start. not really sure haven't popped an auto off.

BlackHabuJKU12

I disconnected the battery last night, let it sit, reconnected this morning before work, backed out of the drive way, drove to work. It drive fine, but I didn't get enough time to play with it and really test it. I'll do so later.

If it occurs again, I'll check cables as suggested.

To answer the question, yes, when I place the shifter into the "notch position" drive or reverse. Nothing would happen. Unless I placed it into Park, then the drive or reverse.

Top Bottom