Bitter taste about this forum...

thechrisjones

So I just bought a 2015 jeep JKU hard rock and wanted to lift my jeep the right way. My friend told me the best way is to learn from others mistakes and to join this forum. I've used this forum for the past 4 months for advise with my build. I got lots for great advice from many members. I've bought a few things though members on this site as well. After reading how sensitive you guys were in the northridge winch give a way I'm sure glad I didn't write a review for a chance win even though a did learned about northridge via this website and spent over $7,000 dollars with them since December 2014. I'm very thankful for this forum. I will also say I have never asked for any freebies. I have a job that supports my hobbies. I feel people get scrutinized very quickly if you don't follow the proper steps when joining this forum. I've recently Found out there is a section in the forum called give us a wave. I never knew about this (I take this is my first strike 1). I also came across a forum topic with a zero.com promo for a winch of which I was and still am In the market to buy one and apparently me asking about the next time the next promo maybe be raised red flags (my strike 2). So before I become black balled on this forum will you guys tell me what else I'm doing wrong so I don't look like some jackass that members like to call out so quickly!?! Thanks for the feedback.

StrizzyChris

Don't make a thread about "how sensitive we are here" and how we "scrutinize very quickly" and just be a normal person looking to get advice and give it. But be prepared to back up your claims because if you're full of shit you'll get called out on it.

Summary: Don't be a douche!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow that was quite a rant. How about this:

1. Read the rules
2. Don't be sensitive
3. Enjoy the forum but know it's a privately owned and a privelage

I have to wonder if this thread is your way of getting folks to chime in and you can get your sensitive feelings hurt. I hope I'm wrong.

thechrisjones

Don't make a thread about "how sensitive we are here" and how we "scrutinize very quickly" and just be a normal person looking to get advice and give it. But be prepared to back up your claims because if you're full of shit you'll get called out on it.

Summary: Don't be a douche!

I'm not being a douche.... I just feel like it's easy to get judged. I'm trying to learn more about this forum so I can contribute as much a possible. Your response is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm asking for help to learn how the forum works and I'm told not to be a douche.... Just kind of rude if you ask me.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm not being a douche.... I just feel like it's easy to get judged. I'm trying to learn more about this forum so I can contribute as much a possible. Your response is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm asking for help to learn how the forum works and I'm told not to be a douche.... Just kind of rude if you ask me.

Let's be clear you're not asking for help you are saying that you have a bitter taste in your mouth from this forum. Hardly the same thing.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So I just bought a 2015 jeep JKU hard rock and wanted to lift my jeep the right way. My friend told me the best way is to learn from others mistakes and to join this forum. I've used this forum for the past 4 months for advise with my build. I got lots for great advice from many members. I've bought a few things though members on this site as well. After reading how sensitive you guys were in the northridge winch give a way I'm sure glad I didn't write a review for a chance win even though a did learned about northridge via this website and spent over $7,000 dollars with them since December 2014. I'm very thankful for this forum. I will also say I have never asked for any freebies. I have a job that supports my hobbies. I feel people get scrutinized very quickly if you don't follow the proper steps when joining this forum. I've recently Found out there is a section in the forum called give us a wave. I never knew about this (I take this is my first strike 1). I also came across a forum topic with a zero.com promo for a winch of which I was and still am In the market to buy one and apparently me asking about the next time the next promo maybe be raised red flags (my strike 2). So before I become black balled on this forum will you guys tell me what else I'm doing wrong so I don't look like some jackass that members like to call out so quickly!?! Thanks for the feedback.

Quoted so you can't edit.

thechrisjones

This is the first forum I've ever joined. Guess I need to spend more time click on all the links and learn the rules... I've been extremely happy with this forum until I read the northridge give thread then I was like wow.... I didn't know about stop by and give a wave section. I guess me being new to this I need to just read more sections in the forum. Like I said I have learned so much about building my jeep from this forum. I'm just looking for advice.

K.D.C.H

Honestly the basic things you can do is really just follow the rules and be an active and positive member of the community.

This Wayalife community is unlike any other around for a reason. We may not have the massive member numbers that some of the other forums have but honestly there's a reason for that. This is a community that Eddie and Cindy have created for all of us to enjoy and share in and rightfully so, they want to make sure that those in the community are the kind of members that fall in line with what Wayalife is all about.

Wayalife is a large nationwide group of likeminded individuals who really love the sprit of Jeeping and what it stands for.

If you notice, those that have been called out are usually those who don't follow the rules or are those who come on here to stir up and start drama.

Bottom line, is if you're here for the right reasons and to be a part of the Wayalife community then great, if not then move along and find the community that best suits your goals and lifestyle. The worst thing you can do is stick around if it's not a good fit and end up being as wanted as a fart in a spacesuit

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You're too much of a pussy I think.

thechrisjones

Let's be clear you're not asking for help you are saying that you have a bitter taste in your mouth from this forum. Hardly the same thing.

Bitter taste after reading the northridge winch giveaway thread. When I read peoples response in the thread it made me think differently about this forum. It made me think that geeez I hope I haven't done something that makes me look like these other guys get ripped a new one.

StrizzyChris

I didn't call you a douche...I answered your question by saying don't be one.

I didn't know about stop by and give a wave section. I guess me being new to this I need to just read more sections in the forum.

I never waved either....funny how no one gives me shit....other than what I deserve! :idontknow:

I call bull.... You've been on this site for four months and just now asking?

Dive in, take the high road and say sorry when your at fault, contribute, and you will learn to love this family!

K.D.C.H

When I read peoples response in the thread it made me think differently about this forum. It made me think that geeez I hope I haven't done something that makes me look like these other guys get ripped a new one.

Don't worry, if you'd have done something that warranted an ass ripping then you would have been called out on it and ripped.

Not 100% sure but this thread (especially with the title you selected) may move you up in line for a ripping.

A better title would have been, "how do I not become a target" or better yet, post up no thread and just read and follow the rules

thechrisjones

I call bull.... You've been on this site for four months and just now asking?

Dive in, take the high road and say sorry when your at fault, contribute, and you will learn to love this family!

Yea I've been on this site for 4 months. Look at my post..... I've used this site to get advice. I'm just now asking because I just read a thread full of shit talking about people and what they are doing wrong on this forum. Like stated earlier look for lead way and or advice.

thechrisjones

Honestly the basic things you can do is really just follow the rules and be an active and positive member of the community.

This Wayalife community is unlike any other around for a reason. We may not have the massive member numbers that some of the other forums have but honestly there's a reason for that. This is a community that Eddie and Cindy have created for all of us to enjoy and share in and rightfully so, they want to make sure that those in the community are the kind of members that fall in line with what Wayalife is all about.

Wayalife is a large nationwide group of likeminded individuals who really love the sprit of Jeeping and what it stands for.

If you notice, those that have been called out are usually those who don't follow the rules or are those who come on here to stir up and start drama.

Bottom line, is if you're here for the right reasons and to be a part of the Wayalife community then great, if not then move along and find the community that best suits your goals and lifestyle. The worst thing you can do is stick around if it's not a good fit and end up being as wanted as a fart in a spacesuit

Thanks for a more productive answer. It's the people saying I'm being a pussy is what I'm talking about.

K.D.C.H

Yea I've been on this site for 4 months. Look at my post..... I've used this site to get advice. I'm just now asking because I just read a thread full of shit talking about people and what they are doing wrong on this forum. Like stated earlier look for lead way and or advice.

If you just read a thread "full of shit talking about people and what they are doing wrong" then why are you posting up a thread asking what not to do?

Did you not learn anything from the shit talking thread?

JAGS

Hooked
Bitter taste after reading the northridge winch giveaway thread. When I read peoples response in the thread it made me think differently about this forum. It made me think that geeez I hope I haven't done something that makes me look like these other guys get ripped a new one.

Well, congrats. You kind of made yourself look worse than those asshats. You started a thread about putting down this forum and all its members.

The point, in part, of the winch giveaway is to recognize the support of the forum members. What happened was a bunch of folks got wind of it on the Internet and joined here ONLY to win a winch. They have/had no desire to contribute to this forum. We, the members, called there selfish asses out for it. And for the record, it wasn't in the winch thread, it was in the Free Shit thread, which was fucking brilliant and hilarious at the same time.

So coming full circle, if you can't understand the family environment here and why the members treat forum trolls and Wayalife badgers the way we do, then perhaps you haven't really wanted to be part of family. We all pick on each other like brothers and sisters. But those same people are the first to lend a helping hand, invite folks over a BBQ and give valuable advice.

It's more than a Jeep, it's a Wayalife!!

thechrisjones

Don't worry, if you'd have done something that warranted an ass ripping then you would have been called out on it and ripped.

Not 100% sure but this thread (especially with the title you selected) may move you up in line for a ripping.

A better title would have been, "how do I not become a target" or better yet, post up no thread and just read and follow the rules

Your right.... My bad lesson learned.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If your name is Chris Jones, I would start by not referring to yourself in the third person. :idontknow:

Top Bottom