Evo C gussets Install(I've viewed the write up)

Pyro1415

So gents my ball joints are failing and I have a stock d30 with 37s... i know i know... figured while the stock ball joints are out I could weld some c gussets in. Originally I wanted synergy but saw that the evo fit better and don't I won't need the coils removed.

My question is if the ball joints are out and new ones going in can I just flat out weld the gussets on or do I still need to go slow to prevent heat build up, since thats usually done to save the ball joints? Going to be doing Mig then installing synergy ball joints(they fit the budget), also should I install the new Joints while the axle still has some heat and the metal is expanded or wait for cooling and get a more correct fitment?

Thanks in advance and I hope no one is mean to me... lol...

MarkW13

So gents my ball joints are failing and I have a stock d30 with 37s... i know i know... figured while the stock ball joints are out I could weld some c gussets in. Originally I wanted synergy but saw that the evo fit better and don't I won't need the coils removed.

My question is if the ball joints are out and new ones going in can I just flat out weld the gussets on or do I still need to go slow to prevent heat build up, since thats usually done to save the ball joints? Going to be doing Mig then installing synergy ball joints(they fit the budget), also should I install the new Joints while the axle still has some heat and the metal is expanded or wait for cooling and get a more correct fitment?

Thanks in advance and I hope no one is mean to me... lol...

You won't have to be quite as careful, however, welding slow will help prevent any warping or odd cooling effects. I'd take my time to make sure they dont get overheated. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the other side. Better safe than sorry.

Edit: I cant believe you are asking despite reading the write up. Man, what's wrong with you. Lol.

Pyro1415

You won't have to be quite as careful, however, welding slow will help prevent any warping or odd cooling effects. I'd take my time to make sure they dont get overheated. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the other side. Better safe than sorry.

Edit: I cant believe you are asking despite reading the write up. Man, what's wrong with you. Lol.

Yeah next thing you know I'm going to start a thread about why your all assholes... but yeah they mention the cooling for the ball joints but I'll probably still use the Beer method like last time.

MarkW13

Yeah next thing you know I'm going to start a thread about why your all assholes... but yeah they mention the cooling for the ball joints but I'll probably still use the Beer method like last time.

I was an asshole long before this forum. Sometimes it feels like a compliment.

Pyro1415

Ill weld their broken whatever and be such a dick the next time something breaks they'll fix it themselves to avoif calling me.

Top Bottom