Superchips Trail Dash

I am about to purchase this but have a question that I couldn't find in the Northridge product info. Does this unit allow you to read trouble codes at all or is it just for performance and system monitoring? I would be able to at least pull codes thrown by my Jeep.

Jeep2010

I am about to purchase this but have a question that I couldn't find in the Northridge product info. Does this unit allow you to read trouble codes at all or is it just for performance and system monitoring? I would be able to at least pull codes thrown by my Jeep.

Yeah you can read trouble codes on it and it'll warn you about over heating or battery voltage or stuff like that.

Jeep2010

Sweet thanks brother. You like yours?

Yeah I love it. I only have 3.21 gears with 35s so it's still a dog but once I get my D44 up front and regear it I know it'll make a huge improvement. It helped a ton during that though. I can tell the difference in it.

And you'll appreciate it with your rig being a manual. Mine is as well.

Yeah, I have 3.73's so it's not horrible but definitely looking for any performance gains I can get. I am in the same boat as you waiting on a PR44. Just ordered, thanks for the help!

Jeep2010

Yeah, I have 3.73's so it's not horrible but definitely looking for any performance gains I can get. I am in the same boat as you waiting on a PR44. Just ordered, thanks for the help!

I'm ordering mine next week. I've been saving up for awhile now because I'm regearing, putting arb lockers both front and rear, compressors and a on board air and an sPod for them. Along with stripping the interior and bed lining the interior with baja rs seats. I'm going to be broke as hell hahah.

I'm ordering mine next week. I've been saving up for awhile now because I'm regearing, putting arb lockers both front and rear, compressors and a on board air and an sPod for them. Along with stripping the interior and bed lining the interior with baja rs seats. I'm going to be broke as hell hahah.

LOL I am jealous!! We just bought a house so if I tried to spend $5000 on an axle the wife would have me sleeping in the Jeep. Might be worth it though...haha

Jeep2010

I'm in college right now and working very little during the school year but full time in the summer. My girlfriend knows how I am with the jeep. But I'm in an apartment so it's a bit easier for me to budget it. But I feel you. I took her on vacation and was so close to buying a 4bt cummins for the jeep and she slapped me to get me to listen hahaha.

Lol she probably had a good point! Sounds like you have a smart lady. Trust me, being debt free is so much better than buying a bunch of Jeep parts! I know it's hard to believe! Wait until you are out of college with a good job then splurge on engines and coil overs!

Jeep2010

Lol she probably had a good point! Sounds like you have a smart lady. Trust me, being debt free is so much better than buying a bunch of Jeep parts! I know it's hard to believe! Wait until you are out of college with a good job then splurge on engines and coil overs!

Yeah I feel you. Going into debt for parts isn't good. That's why I save for my parts. I've been saving for the axle and lockers for about a year now so with that comes the next parts I need to save for. She can be a little bias about it too though, I still need to be paying for our dates hahah

Jeep2010

That's awesome, when does the axle go in? Just take her on little adventures in the Jeep for dates!

Well I'm ordering it next week or the week after then once it comes it's going in right away. I'm going to take her to Colorado after I get that because I'm also getting it regeared to 4.88 with 35s arb lockers front and rear with sPod for all the compressors so I'll be able to handle it. But we went wheeling last weekend and she loves it so I'm happy about that.

tyscty

LOL I am jealous!! We just bought a house so if I tried to spend $5000 on an axle the wife would have me sleeping in the Jeep. Might be worth it though...haha

I feel you tastethebeast. We just bought a house in Hawaii so my axel fantasies will be continue to be on my wish list. I'm just lucky I don't have to ask for gas money. Haha

Well I'm ordering it next week or the week after then once it comes it's going in right away. I'm going to take her to Colorado after I get that because I'm also getting it regeared to 4.88 with 35s arb lockers front and rear with sPod for all the compressors so I'll be able to handle it. But we went wheeling last weekend and she loves it so I'm happy about that.

That's awesome man. I miss Colorado! What trails you gonna hit?

Dopey84

There is a spot in between the springs and castle rock Colorado called rampart range they have some decent trails and great camping as well.. Nothing to crazy but enough to get lost in your adventure enjoy the sights and make it home without breaking your bank

Jeep2010

There is a spot in between the springs and castle rock Colorado called rampart range they have some decent trails and great camping as well.. Nothing to crazy but enough to get lost in your adventure enjoy the sights and make it home without breaking your bank

I've actually heard about that. Don't know too much about it though. I'm looking for fun trails and maybe one or two more difficult but not something that is going to cause me real damage. I'm not too worried about body damage but I am a little worried about mechanical damage but if it happens it happens.

Dopey84

It's has some light to moderate trails it also intersects with a trail system named deacon it has your more technical trails without really worrying bout body damage... The trails are pretty clear of trees just more rocks and ledges... And great scenic overlooks

Top Bottom