Clutch problems. Need advice please?

Jeep2010

It seems like my clutch is partially engaged and I have about 3 inches of travel in my pedal. Gears are hard to engage and disengage which is why I think my clutch is partially engaged? Any opinions? Thanks.

MarkW13

I'd look at the slave first, the master second. Beyond that it is internal. I've done a little research. It appears the jk clutch is self adjusting.

Try pumping the pedal a dozen times. See if that helps. If it does, then the problem returns you are losing fluid.

Any visible leaks? Does it make noise when you push the clutch in?

Jeep2010

I'd look at the slave first, the master second. Beyond that it is internal. I've done a little research. It appears the jk clutch is self adjusting.

Try pumping the pedal a dozen times. See if that helps. If it does, then the problem returns you are losing fluid.

Any visible leaks? Does it make noise when you push the clutch in?

There is no leaks. I thought that was what it was but also no noise when I push the clutch in. I was thinking about just refilling the fluids but I'd like to understand the problem. I'll admit I'm not the best tech and didn't know what to do. I'll check the slave and master and see what's going on with it. Thank you guys for the help!

Top Bottom