Front Trackbar making contact with pitman arm

Jeepfan30

I have a Teraflex Monster Front Trackbar with a Synergy DLF Kit. I was flexing out my suspension yesterday and noticed that when my driver front side of axle is fully drooped and the wheel turned slightly left, the TF Trackbar made slight contact with my pitman arm. My pitman arm is not dropped, instead the axle side is raised with Synergy bracket. Anyone else have this issue? Any other front Trackbar recommended with less bend around the diff than the TF? Thanks

hudginsja

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression you could run a stock track bar with the drag link flip. Someone with experience will probably educate us all soon!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would run the factory track bar and remove the teraflex simply because it's not needed and would solve your issues

Jeepfan30

I would run the factory track bar and remove the teraflex simply because it's not needed and would solve your issues

I agree, the factory one probably would have been fine. I got rid of it last year before I knew any better and got the TF one. The TF one has too much of a bend in it IMO, supposed to clear aftermarket diff covers better. Guess I'll start looking for a used factory one. Thanks

gradymeister

I bought a tereflex monster track bar a few months ago for my 2012. It was lifted with a drop pitman arm and it hit. I still had the track bar when I bought my 2015 and threw it on there just to see if it would fit and it still hit the pitman arm, on a bone stock rubicon. False advertising in my book. I returned it shortly after that.

Rccrwlr

I bought a tereflex monster track bar a few months ago for my 2012. It was lifted with a drop pitman arm and it hit. I still had the track bar when I bought my 2015 and threw it on there just to see if it would fit and it still hit the pitman arm, on a bone stock rubicon. False advertising in my book. I returned it shortly after that.

Sounds like installer error!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
How many ways does it go on, smartass?:doh:

Lol. If you spent any but if time here you'd understand that
1. Teraflex doesn't own up to their shitty parts quality.
2. We are mostly smartasses here

The sooner you get this the better off you'll be.

Jeepfan30

After more internet searching last night it seems like this is a common problem with the TF Trackbar and a DLF. I'll be looking for a used stock front Trackbar this weekend. Thanks guys!

Jeepfan30

That reference makes sense, NO tereflex products will ever see my jeep again.

I have two TF parts on my Jeep, after ditching this TB I'll be down to one. So far my TF tire carrier has been holding up, but I am light on the gas when I wheel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't break since is cost a pretty penny!

gradymeister

I have two TF parts on my Jeep, after ditching this TB I'll be down to one. So far my TF tire carrier has been holding up, but I am light on the gas when I wheel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't break since is cost a pretty penny!

Funny, I almost pulled the trigger on that one for my 2012, hope you got one of the good ones!

Top Bottom