Paint touch up

Wethy

So i have anice little scratch on my hood i want to clean up i went to the dealer and picked up one of the touch up pens. I did try it out on a small piece of plastic to make sure it matches. But from what i can see, The paint from the pen doesnt match up to the paint on the vehicle. It seems very dark compared to the light grey/bluish on the jeep. The container says PDS which matches the paint code on my door. Any ideas why it wouldnt match the paint on the jeep. Btw its an anvil colour. Any advice before i just try it and hope it works?

Last edited:

tobias lopez

So i have anice little scratch on my hood i want to clean up i went to the dealer and picked up one of the touch up pens. I did try it out on a small piece of plastic to make sure it matches. But from what i can see, The paint from the pen doesnt match up to the paint on the vehicle. It seems very dark compared to the light grey/bluish on the jeep. The container says PDS which matches the paint code on my door. Any ideas why it wouldnt match the paint on the jeep. Btw its an anvil colour. Any advice before i just try it and hope it works?

Try it on the actual paint in the trunk area where the jack goes. Let it dry and see what it looks like. Just an idea

ClarksAdventures

I'm about to try the same with the paint pen. I painted my control arm with a Urethane based paint. They were able to mix up the PDS, and it turned out pretty good.

Wethy

Try it on the actual paint in the trunk area where the jack goes. Let it dry and see what it looks like. Just an idea

maye ill do that.... not sure whats up with it.

Did you shake it good? It might also be a base coat / clear coat on your jeep.
i did shake it a tonne for atleast a minute or two.

I'm about to try the same with the paint pen. I painted my control arm with a Urethane based paint. They were able to mix up the PDS, and it turned out pretty good.

i dunno the paint container says lacquer based paint. as mine is from the dealer i would expect it should match perfectly.

Wethy

Try the brush side, also it might look a little flatter as there is no clear coat.

that was the side i did try, ill keep that in mind. i didnt think about it needing a clearcoat over the paint, i just figured the paint would match and the clearcoat wouldn't affect the colour. there is a rock chip on the windshield piece. maybe ill try it out on there first. if its not matching the way it should i can always paint it black and add a little accent colour to the rig.

Wethy

Good luck and take some pictures

Oh i will thats for sure. The main scratch im worried about is on the hood. So thats what ill beed the pen for. But the paint on the windshield bracket will be the trial

Attachments

• 1431103171343.jpg
    1431103171343.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom