Build question

outsourcethis

Hey guys got a question or should I say I would like some input. I have a 2014 JK with a 3in mopar lift kit. These are made by teraflex and come with the fox shocks. I really want a 4in lift on this JK, so I called up Teraflex and asked them what would I need to do on the mopar stage 3 kit to make it 4in lift. They said replace the coils springs and the front sway bar links. They said I might have problems on the downward travel with the straps because they are for 3in not 4in. But they said everything else with the mopar 3in kit will works with the 4in coils and disconnects.

So my list of questions or input. Has anyone switched out these parts on the 3in kit to a 4in kit. What are the issues I will run into, driveshaft length, Axle travel etc. anything else Im not seeing.....

Thanks in advance

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would ditch the limit straps and just add coils if the extra inch is really needed.

outsourcethis

do you have adjustable control arms and drive shafts?

No adjustable control arms, Teraflex said they weren't needed to go up 1in. I'm assuming the driveshaft can extend for a 4in lift. I have read many places the stock shaft can go that distance.

noroad

No adjustable control arms, Teraflex said they weren't needed to go up 1in. I'm assuming the driveshaft can extend for a 4in lift. I have read many places the stock shaft can go that distance.

on a 2dr you will need front and rear driveshafts and you will need at least front lowers and rear upper adjustable control arms to fix the cast. I wouldnt call them again if they are handing out that type of info.

Speeddmn

JK's, JKU's and TJ's are all different... If you have a "TeraFlex" 3 inch lift and they said to just add these parts to make it a 4 inch lift then that is what is needed. Now to get it to perform and be actually usable you will need to add many many other items. Otherwise your drive line will suffer and death wobble may happen.

Personally I would ditch all those TeraFlex parts toward a dumpster (personal opinion) and buy a quality brand lift and correct parts to make the jeep safe.

Back to the TJ vs JK, a 3 inch lift on a TJ with flat fenders would allow you to run a 35 inch tire. On a JK with the same amount of lift and fenders you can pretty much stuff a 40 inch tire... Our wheel wells on JK's are much larger, thus allowing us to run less left and more tire.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom