Full traction ultimate lift kit

BEE'S TWIN

What does everyone think about this lift. I have the skyjacker short arm and really dislike it. I have watched many of project jk videos and seen it on some of there rigs. It looks like it does very well.

Please help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
we've run it and its a good kit that's made in the USA. as mentioned, they use FK rod ends and they work great. the frame side bushings are clevite bonded rubber just like factory so they will stay nice and quite without needing any greasing.

2012jkfng702

Warwagon2.jpg I have ran the Full Traction 6 inch lift for a year now on my 2012 and have really beat the S*** out of it. Rides like a Cadillac and is just as quiet as the day I bought it. I do recommend running a adjustable shock though, it nice being able to tune in the ride. Hit me up if you need more pictures or input.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
BEE'S TWIN said:
Full traction 4'' long arm with a body lift to throw 35's under?
I will have a ford 8.8 in th rear.

On the TJ it comes with a three link. You will need the weld on truss for the 8.8

35's will fit fine

BEE'S TWIN

Thanks chrisb. What engine are you guys running with the larger tires? Still the six? I love my i-6 however what are some ways to get some of my power back?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks chrisb. What engine are you guys running with the larger tires? Still the six? I love my i-6 however what are some ways to get some of my power back?

we're still running the factory 3.8L v6 to push our 40x15.50's. if you haven't done so already, you need to regear to get some of your lost power back. with 35's on your TJ, 4.88 might be what i'd go with.

btw, i ran the FT long arm kit on my TJ and loved it.

BEE'S TWIN

I was told to do 4.56 in the front d30 and the rear 8.8 so I went with that in the front and rear. 4.56 ok or should I change them out for the 4.88?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was told to do 4.56 in the front d30 and the rear 8.8 so I went with that in the front and rear. 4.56 ok or should I change them out for the 4.88?

on a TJ, 4.56 is a ratio you should go with with 35's as it should return your power back to stock. 4.88's will give you a bit more pep but, at highway speeds, will have your rpm's running a bit higher. if you already have 4.56's installed, i would just stick with that.

BEE'S TWIN

Thanks a lot. I am planning on doing the FT kit but not sure to do the ultimate kit than the long arm. I heard it flexes really well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot. I am planning on doing the FT kit but not sure to do the ultimate kit than the long arm. I heard it flexes really well.

flex isn't the reason why you should run the long arm kit. you should run it because it'll correct your suspension geometry and on pavement or driving hard and fast, your ride will be a lot nicer.

BEE'S TWIN

Right!!! Thanks for all the info. You guys will have to post a thread before you come to Utah again. There is a ton of us here wanting to tag along. have you ever tried winter on the rocks?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

as mentioned on the TJ you need to fix the geometry. The price difference from the ultimate short arm to the Long arm isnt much.

BEE'S TWIN

So what your saying is just save up a little more and go for the long arm? My ford 8.8 should hold up to 35's I believe. I was planning on wanting to stretch it in the near future, just for that longer wheelbase. Have you heard of anyone doing this on a TJ? That full traction kit looks dependable?

Top Bottom