3" EVO coils with Fox 4-6 Inch Shocks?

Jeepfan30

I am wondering if anyone is running this combo, want to make sure the coils won't unseat with this long of a shock. Thanks,

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What's the extended and collapsed lengths? Evo coils have a long free length, they don't advertise it like other companies. I run the long Bilsteins. No problem with them

toxicwaste29

I have 3.5" of lift measured and fox 2.5-4" reservoir shocks and they seem to be plenty long. I can take a picture if you want.

olram30

Just looked into mine, they have around 27.5" extended length. Running long shocks up front sometimes require lower shock relocation brackets to keep your shocks off e frame at full droop

jedg

Just looked into mine, they have around 27.5" extended length. Running long shocks up front sometimes require lower shock relocation brackets to keep your shocks off e frame at full droop

aaaand that explains it for me. I'm running the same length front shocks and noticed last week while doing maintenance that the upper shock body pushes (just a little bit) agains the fame at full droop.

Dirt Foot

Mine is doing the same thing with my rancho rs9000. I put it on the flex table at jeep beach just after my build. I need some lower shock relocators

Attachments

• 1431101393719.jpg
    1431101393719.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 267

olram30

aaaand that explains it for me. I'm running the same length front shocks and noticed last week while doing maintenance that the upper shock body pushes (just a little bit) agains the fame at full droop.

Mine is doing the same thing with my rancho rs9000. I put it on the flex table at jeep beach just after my build. I need some lower shock relocators

You'll bend the shafts and they'll probably leak. Evo, nemesis, hell even mc makes some.
I put on nemesis, at the time they were the only company offering them.

Jeepfan30

What's the extended and collapsed lengths? Evo coils have a long free length, they don't advertise it like other companies. I run the long Bilsteins. No problem with them

Extended Length - 28.250"

Collapsed Length - 17.150"

Travel length - 11.100

Jeepfan30

Below is my current Fox shocks measurements.

Extended Length - 25.150"

Collapsed Length - 15.550"

Travel length - 9.600

Dirt Foot

The RS9000'S I have are part rs999331 for the front

Extended 27.32
Compressed 16.6
Travel 10.72

olram30

Extended Length - 28.250"

Collapsed Length - 17.150"

Travel length - 11.100

In going to guess you're going to need 3" bump stops all around, front lower shock relocation brackets. That's a pretty long shock, be cutting it close. The front won't unseat, maybe be loose. The rear, I don't know, maybe lower spring retainers. I'm actually planning on putting ½" spacers in the back. When loaded up, the rear sits too low for me. I'm actually thinking teraflex spacers, they pop in place and have a nipple that guides your coils back if they do unseat.
My coils don't unseat, but just piece of mind. Ewwwww, teraflex on my jeep

jedg

In going to guess you're going to need 3" bump stops all around, front lower shock relocation brackets. That's a pretty long shock, be cutting it close. The front won't unseat, maybe be loose. The rear, I don't know, maybe lower spring retainers. I'm actually planning on putting ½" spacers in the back. When loaded up, the rear sits too low for me. I'm actually thinking teraflex spacers, they pop in place and have a nipple that guides your coils back if they do unseat.

Yep. I'm weighing my jeep tomorrow (4-corner weight) and then calling EVO on Monday. With the L96/6L80 installed my current coils are giving me 2" of actual lift up front. I'd rather be at 3 to 3.5" (where I was before the engine swap) so I'm hoping the 4" coils will work. I'm hoping if I can give them the weight of the vehicle they can recommend the correct plush coil for me. Running OME LT shocks now (which, so far, I'm pleased with) but thanks to OLRAM30 I will also order the front shock relocation brackets at the same time.

olram30

Yep. I'm weighing my jeep tomorrow (4-corner weight) and then calling EVO on Monday. With the L96/6L80 installed my current coils are giving me 2" of actual lift up front. I'd rather be at 3 to 3.5" (where I was before the engine swap) so I'm hoping the 4" coils will work. I'm hoping if I can give them the weight of the vehicle they can recommend the correct plush coil for me. Running OME LT shocks now (which, so far, I'm pleased with) but thanks to OLRAM30 I will also order the front shock relocation brackets at the same time.

The 4" might be better with the extra weight of the engine and definitely take up the extra slack off a longer shock.

jedg

The 4" might be better with the extra weight of the engine and definitely take up the extra slack off a longer shock.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. It may also work out okay with the 4" in the rear... with sag from the recovery gear and such I would end up with 3-3.5" of actual lift front and rear.

Jeepfan30

Haha, don't let the Teraflex spacers spoil the rest of your awesome build! Thanks for the advice about the shock lengths. Would you agree that the ones I have are a bit too short to maximize articulation?

olram30

Haha, don't let the Teraflex spacers spoil the rest of your awesome build! Thanks for the advice about the shock lengths. Would you agree that the ones I have are a bit too short to maximize articulation?

Well, factory fronts are 14.75 col.
22.75" ext. With 8" travel.
Rears are 14.63" col, 23.13" ext with 8.5 travel.
Your looking at 1" over factory right now.
But the rear shocks you have now are probably perfect for evo rock stars.

Jeepfan30

Well, factory fronts are 14.75 col.
22.75" ext. With 8" travel.
Rears are 14.63" col, 23.13" ext with 8.5 travel.
Your looking at 1" over factory right now.
But the rear shocks you have now are probably perfect for evo rock stars.

I'll install them next week when they arrive and report back. Front shock relocation brackets aren't too expensive, so I'll just order some of them. I have 3" bump stop in the front right now, just hoping the coils don't unseat with the new longer length. Thanks

olram30

I'll install them next week when they arrive and report back. Front shock relocation brackets aren't too expensive, so I'll just order some of them. I have 3" bump stop in the front right now, just hoping the coils don't unseat with the new longer length. Thanks

Cool, the fronts won't fall out, they are locked in place with the lower bump stops and upper tube from the jounce cup. They might be lose and twist out of the lower seat. Idk. Just a guess.

Top Bottom