1/4 Pounder Bumper Install

baldymcd

I've ordered the 1/4 pounder front bumper and am curious about something...

The instructions (both manufacturer and write up on this forum) show that the bar needs to be cut off the front in order to install the new bumper. Does anybody know of any reason I can't just remove the 2 vertical braces that are holding the bar?

Thanks in advance for any input.

TheDuff

I've ordered the 1/4 pounder front bumper and am curious about something...

The instructions (both manufacturer and write up on this forum) show that the bar needs to be cut off the front in order to install the new bumper. Does anybody know of any reason I can't just remove the 2 vertical braces that are holding the bar?

Thanks in advance for any input.

If you are referring to the crash bar, you need to cut it off, as it is welded to the frame. I personally cut the mounts from the frame also to free up more space.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can you explain what exactly you mean? The lower bar needs to be cut off of the Frame as it is welded just as The Duff said.

Dirt Foot

What brackets are you referring too. Everything there is welded. Take a pic and send us this bracket you speak of.

baldymcd

the vertical bracket in the photo that attach crash bar to frame. its just a couple welds to cut and grind down.

Attachments

• 1431125632693.jpg
    1431125632693.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 269

StrizzyChris

the vertical bracket in the photo that attach crash bar to frame. its just a couple welds to cut and grind down.

Yup, you can get rid of it. I cut it off because I only had a sawzall, and didn't have a grinding wheel to clean up the cuts when I did the install.

A_R_A_W_N

I cut mine prior to the install, but still need to remove mine and cut the old evap beacket off just been busy, plus my 2 year old girl wanted to help out dad

BitBucket

I mounted my EVO 1/4 pounder beginning of April. Just got a winch and the included aluminum hawse has a 10" on center bolt pattern. My EVO 1/4 pounder has 12" on center mounting holes, seems like 10" is standard. Can anybody let me know what size they have on their 1/4 pounder?

Thanks for any help here.:thinking:

BitBucket

Duhhh, I remember now evo sent me a part they said I would need when I got a winch. I got it out of my evo box and sure enough perfect.

Attachments

• 1431304051958.jpg
    1431304051958.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 187

JRied

Duhhh, I remember now evo sent me a part they said I would need when I got a winch. I got it out of my evo box and sure enough perfect.

Lmao that happened to my brother. He was pissed! He thought he bought the qtr pounder and stinger only to realize that Evo will also make him have to buy there special over sized hawse to run his winch. He called them and they told him to check his parts again and he found that piece. Was pretty funny

On a slightly related note, I just installed the EVO nolimits manual disconnect and the instructions mentioned a washer. I looked in the box and couldn't find it. I went ahead, installed it and then when I went to throw the box away, I noticed the washer taped to the underside of the lid. Hahaha...

BTW, I love the look of the 1/4 pounder. Maybe when I get tired of my bumper, I'll change over. I'll just have to admire all of yours for now.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
On a slightly related note, I just installed the EVO nolimits manual disconnect and the instructions mentioned a washer. I looked in the box and couldn't find it. I went ahead, installed it and then when I went to throw the box away, I noticed the washer taped to the underside of the lid. Hahaha...

BTW, I love the look of the 1/4 pounder. Maybe when I get tired of my bumper, I'll change over. I'll just have to admire all of yours for now.

So did you put the washer?

baldymcd

Well, after all that, due to limited space and limited ability with cutter (I admit my limitations) I ended up leaving the bulk of the bracket in place as the write-up and evo's instructions showed. Just too cramped to get to the welds on the rear of the bracket.
Sitting on sofa waiting for bumper to arrive now...

Top Bottom