Lift kits

Dopey84

I have an 07 Sahara 4dr jk 4wd and am looking for a lift kit and am curious as to what the biggest kit I can go with before having to change out my front differentials and regear my transfer case/ front drive shaft... Etc... My tires size is 275/65r18 currently and don't look to go over a 32... Suggestions??

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Welcome to WAL!

The lift won't determine the gear ratio of your ring and pinion. The tire size will.

I've never hear of people regearing their transfer case.

Your transmission type will determine when you have to replace your drive shafts. So do you have an auto or manual?

JAGS

Hooked
Depending what kind of trails you want to run will also help determine a few things.

Since not wanting to go larger than 32s, can I guess to say you'd be doing light dirt roads and exploring.

With this in mind, you might be fine just looking for some rubicon suspension take offs (coils/shocks). Pair that with a leveling kit as mentioned or even a budget boost is about as tall you'd want for 32s. Speaking of, look for someone selling Rubi wheels and tires as the newer ones are 32/33s.

You'll be fine with the gears you have. Wouldn't waste money on that unless you go with even larger tires.

Dopey84

I was looking at the rubicon express 2.5 suspension kit is that a good kit

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It's an automatic..

I'm not 100% but pretty sure you won't need a new drive shaft as long as you stay under 2.5"

I was looking at the rubicon express 2.5 suspension kit is that a god kit

I've got no experience with RE. I think Noroad runs one of their lifts, try PMing him. Other options are Budget boosts that will keep your current ride quality but still lift your JK.

Dopey84

I like the look of the 2.5 rubicon express lift kit and from what I've read it's been pretty positive... Suggestions

chipper

Have you looked into Rancho lifts. For the tire size that you want to stay at this would be a good choice. Here's what I'm talking about
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431119802.804087.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I like the look of the 2.5 rubicon express lift kit and from what I've read it's been pretty positive... Suggestions

As Chipper stated, Rancho is great. I had their 2" sport lift on my old JK and felt it was a great improvement over stock.

Budget boosts are another option. I'm running a 2.5" rough country one now on my 14 and fit 35s. They tend to be cheaper than a set of new coils and they maintain your current ride quality.

Dopey84

And would you mind posting a picture so I have an idea of the height it will sit at from stock with that one

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Is that 2.5 your running just a spacer lift or coils

They are just spacers that go between your frame and stock springs.

And would you mind posting a picture so I have an idea of the height it will sit at from stock with that one

I'll have to dig up a pic of when it was still stock. 1431121914187.jpg this is with the budget boost before I put 35s on.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That looks like the ride height I'm looking for what size tires are you running with that?

Those are the stock 32s that come on the Rubicon model. You can probably find a used set for sale on here or Craigslist.

Top Bottom