Sway link bolt rubbing

JRied

Hey guys. What is needed for me to correct this. My front passenger side upper sway bar link bolt is rubbing the edge of the coil retainer/pocket/thing. I have a 4" lift and a Evo Drag Link Flip with stock trac bar. Upon further inspection it appears there has been contact on driver side as well, although not as bad. Let me know what's wrong with my JK lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431126264.329407.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431126277.148871.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431126264.329407.jpg

KingCopperhead

I literally just came inside from fixing this on my jeep. If you have adjustable sway bar links you need to bring them in a little bit. If you can get your sway bar just slightly above level (pointing up) you shouldn't have contact anymore.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
did you use the sway bar extensions your kit came with? passenger side is built in and drivers side had a bracket that bolts on?

JRied

I literally just came inside from fixing this on my jeep. If you have adjustable sway bar links you need to bring them in a little bit. If you can get your sway bar just slightly above level (pointing up) you shouldn't have contact anymore.

Ok I'll try that. I believe it's slightly up as of now. I'll dbl check

Yeah. Sway bar should be +/- 5 degrees parallel with the ground.

Will check

did you use the sway bar extensions your kit came with? passenger side is built in and drivers side had a bracket that bolts on?

Currie kit or Evo? I don't believe they came with sway bar extensions. Just adjustable sway links.

Top Bottom