Off-roading technique.

Cavscout263

I have noticed that there are no stickies on off-roading technique, tips, and tricks. i have some experience of driving off road by way of the ARMY. but obviously we are not capable of the things a nice midway built up jeep could do. SO i was wondering if anyone has a solid guide or advice on some techniques for every situation you could experience?

Chris.

ttfhell

When in doubt throttle out.
Get on it till you stay on it.
Hit it and quit it.
Well you can ignore the last one.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
When in doubt throttle out.
Get on it till you stay on it.
Hit it and quit it.
Well you can ignore the last one.

Lol
Great advice

Honestly I'd say go with someone who knows and watch them. That's how I learned.

In the beginning of Wells book he gives some basic advice.

Try to go on a newbie run with WAL or some jeep group.

Last edited:

Cavscout263

Ok. I guess I do have a serious question. What do you do after you deflate your tires and you want to get back on the road? How do you fill them back up?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok. I guess I do have a serious question. What do you do after you deflate your tires and you want to get back on the road? How do you fill them back up?

Tons of people have on board air systems (arb or warn powerplant), compressed air tanks, and most parks have air stations to fill your tires back up.

Cavscout263

Is there one that can plug into a cigarette lighter rather than forking over a bunch of cash to only use it occasionally on the weekends?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is there one that can plug into a cigarette lighter rather than forking over a bunch of cash to only use it occasionally on the weekends?

Yes there are decent ones that people have mentioned on here before. They got them at harbor freight or the like. Search OBA/on board air systems and browse thru some of the threads

jeeeep

Hooked

pepboys carries portable air compressor about $60, been using it for last 3 years and it works fine, not as fast as ARB but not as pricey either.

Attaches to the battery with alligator clips, easy.

cfr

I have noticed that there are no stickies on off-roading technique, tips, and tricks. i have some experience of driving off road by way of the ARMY. but obviously we are not capable of the things a nice midway built up jeep could do. SO i was wondering if anyone has a solid guide or advice on some techniques for every situation you could experience?

Any of the funtreks.com trail guides have a chapter about off-road technique.

Also, check out this book,

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Wheelers...=1431212801&sr=8-1&keywords=4+wheeler's+bible

JeepDrum

pepboys carries portable air compressor about $60, been using it for last 3 years and it works fine, not as fast as ARB but not as pricey either.

Attaches to the battery with alligator clips, easy.

This is what I have and I'm satisfied with how it works considering the price I paid. However, the pressure guage it comes with isn't accurate while the compressor is running.

Top Bottom