30k mile tune-up and fluid changes

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Currently im sitting a little over 28k, creeping up on 30k in the next month or so. I am going to do a complete tune up, fluid change, and check on a few things here and there. My question is what all do i need to do?

Things i plan to do at or around 30K
Change oil and filter
pull off diff covers and check gears, new oil
change transmission fluid
change t-case fluid
inspect driveshafts
inspect brakes, replace if needed
check ball joints
top off fluids (brake fluid, OAT coolant, power steering fluid)
Check fuses
Change out plugs.
check air filter, replace if needed

is there anything else i should be aware off or check? im sure its been covered somewhere, i just couldnt find it in search.

Just a friendly reminder about the brakes. When you go to check the rears, the parking brake shoes can wear a groove in the drum and make it difficult to remove the rotor. I just replaced my brakes at all four corners yesterday. After 75000 miles, the rust and grooves were challenging. I'd remove the caliper to gain better access to the adjuster port in the shield (18mm). With the caliper in place, it's kind of a pain in the ass to adjust to bring the shoes closer together. Also, the adjuster does not sit in line with the opening in the shield. At least mine wasn't. It sits at the bottom of the opening and will require a smal flat tip to get at it from a top down angle. Remeber, Anti-seize compound is your friend when replacing rotors. Needed the BFH to persuade the front left one it was time to leave!

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Just a friendly reminder about the brakes. When you go to check the rears, the parking brake shoes can wear a groove in the drum and make it difficult to remove the rotor. I just replaced my brakes at all four corners yesterday. After 75000 miles, the rust and grooves were challenging. I'd remove the caliper to gain better access to the adjuster port in the shield (18mm). With the caliper in place, it's kind of a pain in the ass to adjust to bring the shoes closer together. Also, the adjuster does not sit in line with the opening in the shield. At least mine wasn't. It sits at the bottom of the opening and will require a smal flat tip to get at it from a top down angle. Remeber, Anti-seize compound is your friend when replacing rotors. Needed the BFH to persuade the front left one it was time to leave!

Thanks. Will def. Use this info.

TomJK

Perhaps a tire rotation, if it's near time. Also, I like to clean the rubber door and roof seals, to get dust and dirt off which can cause leaks and noise.

Oh.... And blinker fluid!:cheesy:

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Perhaps a tire rotation, if it's near time. Also, I like to clean the rubber door and roof seals, to get dust and dirt off which can cause leaks and noise.

Oh.... And blinker fluid!:cheesy:

Oh snap, almost forgot about blinker fluid. Thanks for the reminder. Ill start with that one.

dillard09

Don't forget to grease the muffler bearings too! They start getting noisy around that mileage if you dont.

Top Bottom