Opinion on teraflex lift kits

Cavscout263

What is yalls honest opinion on teraflex lift kits. I hear bad and I hear good. I also see a lot of meme made about it breaking and it being operator install error? Is this just hype or is it true?

Chris

K.D.C.H

It was their broken tire carrier that was blamed on the installer. The welds failed and they blamed the owner saying they installed it wrong.

Honestly, no matter how good or bad any of their other products could possible be, I would never support any company that conducts business that way

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly, no matter how good or bad any of their other products could possible be, I would never support any company that conducts business that way

This^^^

Now that being said I do have there 2.5" coil lift. I got it before I knew how bad of a company they are. I am slowly in the process of changing it out for something better, cough cough evo cough cough. The ride is stiff and after the tire carrier breaks I don't trust any of the brackets I have. The only kit if there's I would run is there BB kit w/o shocks as all bb pucks are the same so you can't screw that up.

Pyro1415

I've got a to 2.5 coil kit and honestly regret it. I'll be switching to rock krawler very soon.

Wardell

It was their broken tire carrier that was blamed on the installer. The welds failed and they blamed the owner saying they installed it wrong.

I think there were a few instances of long arm mounting brackets that broke that were also blamed on "installer error" too, even though (IIRC) Dennis also broke his on one of their vids...

Cavscout263, I know it's a long thread (86 pages), but this really tells you a lot about the problems people have had with TeraFlex products as well as their attitude towards customers who have had problems. There is more than just the tire carrier discussed in there too.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think there were a few instances of long arm mounting brackets that broke that were also blamed on "installer error" too, even though (IIRC) Dennis also broke his on one of their vids...

Cavscout263, I know it's a long thread (86 pages), but this really tells you a lot about the problems people have had with TeraFlex products as well as their attitude towards customers who have had problems. There is more than just the tire carrier discussed in there too.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

You don't even need to read it. An 86 page thread about broken shit is enough to make me not want to buy from them.

Heholua

I primarily want the joints and track bars, plan on switching to coil overs. I hate the tf height and flex but I'll go read.

The joints aren't that great and track bars are a waste of funds when stock will more than suffice. Personally, I would go with Currie or Evo control arms.

Pyro1415

The joints aren't that great and track bars are a waste of funds when stock will more than suffice. Personally, I would go with Currie or Evo control arms.

I'll look into them, but I like that I know people running rk where I wheel.

BlackHawk08jk

They not only have products break all the time, but the also refuse to own up to it or fix the issue. So their products are untrustworthy as well as them and their business practice I think.

Heholua

I'll look into them, but I like that I know people running rk where I wheel.

I've run RK as well and regretted the purchase. The only thing left from that purchase are the control arms and rear track bar bracket. Just trying to help you not repeat my mistakes. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Pyro1415

I've run RK as well and regretted the purchase. The only thing left from that purchase are the control arms and rear track bar bracket. Just trying to help you not repeat my mistakes. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

What were your complaints with rk?

Heholua

What were your complaints with rk?

The springs are on the stiff side for my taste. The joints don't last, I had to upgrade the joints after a year and a half. The track bars you don't need, when your stock ones will work with track bar relocation bracket.

The Evo enforcer lift is a much better designed and complete lift in my opinion. It comes with everything you need and nothing that you don't. The Evo arms come with proven Johnny Joints and are easier to adjust with the pinch bolt and jam nut design.

Pyro1415

The springs are on the stiff side for my taste. The joints don't last, I had to upgrade the joints after a year and a half. The track bars you don't need, when your stock ones will work with track bar relocation bracket.

The Evo enforcer lift is a much better designed and complete lift in my opinion. It comes with everything you need and nothing that you don't. The Evo arms come with proven Johnny Joints and are easier to adjust with the pinch bolt and jam nut design.

I need rear arms to move my axle back. The price of the evo is brutal since I can get an X factor for 1400.

Heholua

I need rear arms to move my axle back. The price of the evo is brutal since I can get an X factor for 1400.

I don't think you need to move your axle back. There are guys on WAL running EVO coilovers with stock rear control arms. I think piginajeep is one of them.

Pyro1415

I rub a lot, you know big tires, little lift stock fenders... Budget problems lol. So I figure an inch up and a little back and bam. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431193462.104088.jpg

Top Bottom