Manual tranny noise.

Riley Moss

Hello all I have an issue. So after a few wheeling trips I have noticed that my tranny has a rattling noise coming from it this only happens when I sit idle and when the clutch pedal is depressed. If I put even slight pressure on the clutch pedal the noise stops. The noise gets louder after four wheel drive has been used.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

noroad

So I shouldn't be worried about it screwing me over later? Cause it doesn't affect the performance it's just really loud and really annoying.

mine makes a noise but its not super load on normal driving it does get louder wheeling tho!

utiadam

LOSER
Mine does it too but it hasn't caused any issues. Apparently the factory throwout bearings are junk. Several YouTube videos on jeep clutch replacement talk about it. They say the national bearing from o Reilly or auto zone are better quality.

KingCopperhead

Mine does it too. It's the throwout bearing. Basically gonna wheel it till it breaks and get the replacements mentioned in this thread.

Green2012

Mine does it also. I had dealership replace it, it quit making the noise for a few days then one wheeling trip and its back like it was.. Its annoying but i haven't had any issues other than it sounds like a diesel and i wish it was ...

jknikos

Mine does it too. Sometimes when i am at the gas station and people check my rig, i press the clutch so none can hear it.:wings::wings::wings:

Last edited:
Top Bottom