Rockhard skid install

RedRum

Ok so I talked to Jason and needed a skid before this weekend as I have an event ... Went to install into today and noticed an issue

As they were sold out of the new design I opted for the old design without the oil pan trap door ... Anyway

I get the skid jacked up using a Moto jack ... Mount the engine mount bracket and attatch them to the skid easy ... However the inner hole that is used to mount the stock transfer case skid does not line up ... The other holes do ! I have watched the video on YouTube and it doesn't touch at this issue ... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is ?

Thank you

noroad

Ok so I talked to Jason and needed a skid before this weekend as I have an event ... Went to install into today and noticed an issue

As they were sold out of the new design I opted for the old design without the oil pan trap door ... Anyway

I get the skid jacked up using a Moto jack ... Mount the engine mount bracket and attatch them to the skid easy ... However the inner hole that is used to mount the stock transfer case skid does not line up ... The other holes do ! I have watched the video on YouTube and it doesn't touch at this issue ... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is ?

Thank you

on both are skids one is normal the other is RE rock hard we just cut the wings off the transfercase skid and just the huge bolt protectors to hold it up!

RedRum

Yea I ordered what for the stock crossmember ... Think it's possible they sent me the wrong one

RedRum

Yea I jno but I figured being it was others day and Sunday nigt no one would be there to help me and I'm out under the jeep now lol

Jitzoo

I had the same issue and thought the hardware they sent were too big. It took a bit but I got everything bolted up. Make sure you get all the bolts slightly threaded in before your torque them down. Hope that helps.

RedRum

Yea no man like these are so far off they won't line up ... Hard to get a good pic to even show what ima talking about but if two are lined up you can't even see the other two holes

noroad

this is off mine but hers is close i dont have a pic on hand of hers!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398437501.885073.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398437433.190031.jpg

Last edited:
RE= Rubicon express. Rock hard has different kinds for different cross members

Negative. One skid for factory crossmember. We have never had multiple skids for multiple cross members.

We are working with REDRUM via PM as well. Just came across this thread.

RedRum

Yea the two threaded holes on driver side are the problem I have the old style skid so idk if that's a problem with A 2015 being none of the holes are slotted and looking at pics the pre punched holes are slightly different

noroad

Top Bottom