Single Dash Chime When Shifiting into Reverse

joeyprice

2014 JKUR
Automatic
~11k miles
Tereflex leveling kit - otherwise bone stock

My dash gives me a warning chime when I shift into reverse, like when you leave the brake on.

Single chime, no waring lights lights
All doors closed
Seat belt buckled
Brake off
Only does it after you start the engine, it doesn't happen if you put the vehicle back in park and then shift into reverse.
Is it possible its been doing this for the 9 months I've owned it and I'm only just noticing?

Anybody have any ideas?

Joey

Last edited:
Time for a Oil Change? I will guess that It's a warning chime that your change oil indicator will pop up in a couple weeks or so.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that it happens when you shift into reverse, have you checked your transmission fluid level? Might be a bit low.

joeyprice

It maybe time for an oil change, I'll check the logs and see what the mileage was at last one. Is there a way to reset the warning if that is what it is?

I'll also check the fluid level in the tranny.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It maybe time for an oil change, I'll check the logs and see what the mileage was at last one. Is there a way to reset the warning if that is what it is?

I'll also check the fluid level in the tranny.

Thanks

Just to verify, you checked the tranny fluid level when your engine was running, right?

On a 2014, your dash would indicate you need an oil change with the ding.

Not sure if this will turn the chime off but here is how you turn off the change oil light

With the key on and engine off, depress the skinny pedal 3 times.

Top Bottom