Switch Pros w/ ARB Compressor +Lockers

Kpalas

Anybody replaced their ARB switches for the compressor and lockers with the switch pro system? If so, how did you do it?

BigPrince

Anybody replaced their ARB switches for the compressor and lockers with the switch pro system? If so, how did you do it?

Hooked up my twin compressor - using the included wiring harness, hook up the battery feed, and then the compressor is the isolator switch. Ground the negative, hook the positive to the output you want on the Switchpro. If you have the manifolds, I'm pretty sure just hook the other front/rear switches the same. Lots of wires and you use very few of them.

Kpalas

Hooked up my twin compressor - using the included wiring harness, hook up the battery feed, and then the compressor is the isolator switch. Ground the negative, hook the positive to the output you want on the Switchpro. If you have the manifolds, I'm pretty sure just hook the other front/rear switches the same. Lots of wires and you use very few of them.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not electrically inclined! Basically I need to know which of the 5 wires on the back of the switch gets used and which don't.

This adapter is 4 wires so all the other wires are for the arb switches they give you. I would just get the adapter and use it with your switch pros

blk - ground
ylw - front locker
grn - rear locker
red - compressor isolating switch

spod-adapter-harness-SPOD-300-ARB-bm_1056.jpg

Switch-Pros

Switch-Pro ARB harness

We now offer a harness to interface the Switch-Pro SP8100 with the ARB air compressor. You can control just the air compressor or also lockers.
It will be up on our website in a few days, or call to order.

Deacon

Recently bought a Switch pro 8100 bezel that's going to mounted to the left side Apillar. Just an FYI switch pro now offers a precut Rugged Ridge A panel....also to save anyone the trouble this is to work with the bezel model only that they offer. I also have been running an SPOD for the last year and it works great but I ran out of switches.

In prep for my new axles next month. I want to wire my new ARB lockers to the switch pro, compressor to the switch pro or Spod...BUT I'm wanting a lockout switch for the lockers on the SPOD so I have to engage that first to use the lockers and of course just use the compressor independent of the lockers. I have the switch pro ARB quick connector.

BTW I'm not an electronic guru like so many here, so I would really appreciate any help / suggestions. I'm sure it's probably real simple just not seeing the pathway.
Thanks

The Cock Father

Since the lockers need air to engage, you essentially have a "lockout" by having a separate compressor switch. I at first wanted a similar design, however I ended having three switches on my switchpro- front locker, rear locker and a single compressor exclusively for the lockers.

My twin compressor is on a separate switch and used for all my other air needs.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Since the lockers need air to engage, you essentially have a "lockout" by having a separate compressor switch. I at first wanted a similar design, however I ended having three switches on my switchpro- front locker, rear locker and a single compressor exclusively for the lockers.

^^^^^. This. If the compressor isn't charged there's no way to accidentally engage your lockers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Deacon

Thanks for the response. Since you have the dual compressor why have 2 compressors ? Not sure Im understanding the need for 2 compressors since the dual should cover all Air requirements. I bought the dual ARB compressor as well since I plan on installing 37" but will be selling the Single compressor coming with my axles.

Deacon

^^^^^. This. If the compressor isn't charged there's no way to accidentally engage your lockers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This makes total sense and what I was thinking before I made the post. Ive never used an onboard compressor before and wasnt sure if the compressor could have any usable air in the lines to engage the lockers accidentally.

The Cock Father

Thanks for the response. Since you have the dual compressor why have 2 compressors ? Not sure Im understanding the need for 2 compressors since the dual should cover all Air requirements. I bought the dual ARB compressor as well since I plan on installing 37" but will be selling the Single compressor coming with my axles.

Personal preference. I have my single for the lockers under the hood and my twin under the passenger seat. It gives me a back up should I need it and also keeps the twin clean. I like having two. I've found many others have done this as well. Just seems logical to have a compressor exclusively for my lockers and separate one for everything else. Plus I had the switches available in my switch pros. Works well for me...

Top Bottom