Prorock 44 axle shafts?

JKJody

What axle shafts are everyone running with the pro rock 44 housing? I will be getting a NON-rubicon unlimited housing, ARB and 4:88s and I really don't want to run the RCV shafts. What are my options?

We Currently don't have any other option but we are working on a solution with Ten Factory that will allow those that don't want RCV's to get a Chromoly U-joint style axle shaft. It will be about $2-300 cheaper than the RCV's

ETA is 60 Days

David

Heholua

What axle shafts are everyone running with the pro rock 44 housing? I will be getting a NON-rubicon unlimited housing, ARB and 4:88s and I really don't want to run the RCV shafts. What are my options?

If you get the 35 spline ARB, there might be more options available to you.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
We Currently don't have any other option but we are working on a solution with Ten Factory that will allow those that don't want RCV's to get a Chromoly U-joint style axle shaft. It will be about $2-300 cheaper than the RCV's

ETA is 60 Days

David

Excellent news. This is the option I want to go with and 60 days is just about when I'll finally have enough money saved.

dwmgcs

I just finished installing my PR44 Unlimited this weekend, with the exception of price I don't know why you wouldn't go with the RCV's, no U-Joints and they are so smooth and none of the creaking sounds turning hard in a corner, I have only run them a day and so far I like them, we'll see how they do long term though.

Heholua

Yea I plan to go 35 spline front and rear ARB with chromo shafts for the rear.

You may want to call ORE and ask whose chromo shafts they are using.
Maybe CTM?

Attachments

• 1431402784675.jpg
    1431402784675.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I know that the G2 gold shafts are made in USA. They are only available in the 35 spline configuration which if your going with an aftermarket locker is the way to go. I personally am running the standard G2 Chromoly shafts I'm my PR44 with the factory locker. ORE did my install and sold me the G2 shafts since I didn't want the RCVs

Sithwindu

I know that the G2 gold shafts are made in USA. They are only available in the 35 spline configuration which if your going with an aftermarket locker is the way to go. I personally am running the standard G2 Chromoly shafts I'm my PR44 with the factory locker. ORE did my install and sold me the G2 shafts since I didn't want the RCVs

G2 makes the shafts for conventional pr44?

I am not a big fan of the 35 spline shafts in the front. They are prone to axle seal leakage and the neck up so you are only really getting larger splines.

David

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I am not a big fan of the 35 spline shafts in the front. They are prone to axle seal leakage and the neck up so you are only really getting larger splines.

David

That's interesting I wasn't aware that it's just the larger splines I thought it would be a larger shaft the whole way through. What do you guys recommend for us wanting to replace the factory rubicon locker down the road ? ARBs replacement locker calls for 35 spline shafts.

That's interesting I wasn't aware that it's just the larger splines I thought it would be a larger shaft the whole way through. What do you guys recommend for us wanting to replace the factory rubicon locker down the road ? ARBs replacement locker calls for 35 spline shafts.

If you have a Rubi the 35 spline shafts are all you can do.

David

Top Bottom