Snows on Kavanaugh Ridge

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On our way back home from our last trip to Tahoe, Cindy and I noticed there was snow up in the Sierra's up near the Virgina Lakes and decided to see if we could get up into it. Here are some shots from our little side trip up to Kavanaugh Ridge, I hope you enjoy.

Working our way up through beautiful meadows and heading into the fall colors...
main.php

View looking out toward Dunderberg Peak...
main.php

On the way up, we stopped over at one of our favorite unnamed lakes...
main.php

main.php

Heading up to 11,000 feet...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

On top of the world...
main.php

main.php

main.php

:cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How do you find out about different trails? Do you just drive around and find them, read books, internet research, locals? Enlighten me on your awesome adventures please!

Great pics too! Make me want to move farther north more and more!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you find out about different trails? Do you just drive around and find them, read books, internet research, locals? Enlighten me on your awesome adventures please!

Great pics too! Make me want to move farther north more and more!

We've been exploring the trails and back roads of the west for a really long time and so, a lot of these trails we just know. There are some good books that'll show you around like the one written by Charles Wells. That one will include some of the harder stuff. Another good book is by Peter Masey and Jeanie Wilson and that covers more of the scenic stuff. I love old maps and study them to find other places but unfortunately, more and more trails are getting closed everyday. :grayno:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We've been exploring the trails and back roads of the west for a really long time and so, a lot of these trails we just know. There are some good books that'll show you around like the one written by Charles Wells. That one will include some of the harder stuff. Another good book is by Peter Masey and Jeanie Wilson and that covers more of the scenic stuff. I love old maps and study them to find other places but unfortunately, more and more trails are getting closed everyday. :grayno:

Yeah I know they are closing a lot of trails which is horrible for those of us that love to explore them. I will check out those books and read up on them. I too am intrigued by old maps and towns. I like the ghost towns and the old historic towns and such. Hopefully soon I can get in on some of the trips you guys take!

I am originally from NY and grew up with a lot of land (400ish acres) so I used to explore all over back there and want to do it again out here.

Thanks for the info!

BONDSY

I still have yet to get up there. What, I think we have tried twice while camping at Dynamo?
Been blocked both times by snow. I love the fall colors.:yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
BONDSY said:
I still have yet to get up there. What, I think we have tried twice while camping at Dynamo?
Been blocked both times by snow. I love the fall colors.:yup:

Is this the one we tried last spring and got blocked? The one with the overlanders up top?

DEMNJK11

wayoflife said:

I've seen you mention these books several times. I was wondering if there are any that you know of for Texas?

jeep-creep

Those pictures are amazing, one day I will be out there to wheel. Just so much awesome. One of those times where you get out of the jeep, and enjoy the moment.

Toxic

Great pics and thanks for sharing them you 2. We got some snow my way up here and was wanting to get up to some lakes here and see before we can't. To late here now :mad: got 39" of snow the past 2 days. Keeping taking great pics and looking forward to more.

Top Bottom