rubi oem switch panel

jkugeza

Quick question, I am doing a front and rear axel swap from a sport setup to front and rear dana 44s from a rubicon with ele. lockers. can I by the oem rubicon switch panel that comes in a rubi and have it operate my ele. lockers? or would I have to have it wired in? thanks for your time

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well the switch panel is attached to the whole dash piece. I would personally recommend just wiring the lockers to two separate switches. That way you can run just the front without the rear and vise versa. With the factory you can't run the front without the rear.

Also if you wired into the factory switches you would need it flashed at the dealership to work I believe.

I agree with Overlander, If you already had the OEM locker switches and system there are some things you can do to use them with aftermarket lockers. But I certainly wouldn't buy the OEM parts if I didn't have them. Also, the OEM switches aren't really switches.... They are attached to a small circuit board that communicates over CANBUS to the rest of the system.

jkugeza

I have a pillar switch panel with 2 open spots, I will probally just use that so I can separate the front and rear, thanks for the info

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
It can be done, but it's more work than I think it's worth. I swapped in a rubi rear axle in my "X" and just wired it up to a rocker switch. I purchased a daystar switch panel for my switches to fit in and it sits at the bottom of center console. The switch I'm using has two lights on it. I wired it so that one of the lights indicates when the locker is engaged (the sensor) and the other light just tells me it's getting power. I would recommend doing this over trying to make it work with the factory switch plate.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It can be done, but it's more work than I think it's worth. I swapped in a rubi rear axle in my "X" and just wired it up to a rocker switch. I purchased a daystar switch panel for my switches to fit in and it sits at the bottom of center console. The switch I'm using has two lights on it. I wired it so that one of the lights indicates when the locker is engaged (the sensor) and the other light just tells me it's getting power. I would recommend doing this over trying to make it work with the factory switch plate.

How did you wire the indicator? I did it but it didn't work lol

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Here's the switch diagram

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431479842.955956.jpg

I ran a wire from the locker sensor to #6 on the diagram. Wired in this way, the lower light acts as the indicator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom