Check Engine & Flashpaq Question

hbkid22

If I have a superchips flashpaq, can I use that to pull the check engine light codes? Mine popped up a couple days ago and I assumed it was the change oil (as I never reset last time) so I did the reset and its still on.....

hbkid22

Yup, you can definitely use a Flashpaq to pull DTC codes and clear them.

Ok. I know I can read the manual but it is not in front of me but I assume you plug it in and click on the DTC option and it wont impact the settings you already have in place?

hbkid22

So apparently I have 5 codes.

P0455 - evap system large leak
P0456 - evap system small leak
B1630 - right low beam control circuit high
B162C - left low beam control circuit high
B1643 - rear left turn lamp control low

The last 3 I know I need to replace the multi function switch and I have the piece just not the time.

The first 2 though. Are those big issues to worry about? Or is that just an issue with the gas cap?

OJK12

Did you check your evap canister? I had the large leak code when I smashed my evap canister on a rock and split the canister.

hbkid22

I have not checked it.....I will do that later today but is it something you should not drive on or is it ok for a bit until you get it fixed?

OJK12

To be honest I'm not 100% sure but I drove with mine cracked for about two months and never hurt anything but that's not to say it couldn't. I don't think it would matter but I'm no expert.

hbkid22

To be honest I'm not 100% sure but I drove with mine cracked for about two months and never hurt anything but that's not to say it couldn't. I don't think it would matter but I'm no expert.

Thanks for the input. Been like this for a week so I will look into it soon. What did you ultimately have to do?

OJK12

Get a new evap canister. It was just cracked around the end that looks like where they put it together so I thought since it was a clean break I might be able to repair it. I zip tied it back together as tight as I could and used a plastic epoxy to seal it, and since I had a trail dash I figured clear the code and I should be good but alas it didn't work. Maybe if I would have had the dealership clear it or tried to disconnect my battery it would have changed but I just got a new evap instead. What sucks is I think the factory skid would be good protection of the evap wasn't so attached to it but instead just hung below it cause once the skid bends it breaks the evap. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431503416.559970.jpg

Top Bottom