Wheel Spacer help

jkwebbie

Ok so I just got my Spidertrax wheel spacers in the mail. I plan on putting them on the Jeep tomorrow since I don't have to work (awesome I know). But I have a newbie question lol. When I put the spacers on, do I put the nuts on that Spidertrax gave me and then put the wheel back on and attach it with the stock lug nuts or is it the other way around? The directions don't say which to do. Thanks for the help guys

Izzi mike

The nuts that come with the spacers are used to attach spacer to hub and original nuts are used to mount wheel to spacer. Loctite and torque to 90

jkwebbie

The nuts that come with the spacers are used to attach spacer to hub and original nuts are used to mount wheel to spacer. Loctite and torque to 90

Awesome! Thanks man! I didn't want to do it wrong and go down the road and have a wheel fall off lol

LasVegasJK

Awesome! Thanks man! I didn't want to do it wrong and go down the road and have a wheel fall off lol

Don't locktight the lug nuts! Only the nuts holding the spacers.
I installed my Spidertrax today and almost red locktighted everything! You (and I) will need to remove the wheels after some miles to check the spacers.

aldaman

Before you install the spacers don't forget to remove those factory star washers if you haven't done so already....

Pyro1415

Like they said remove the rotor lock washers first, a drop of red locktite is all you need don't coat the whole bolt... finally 90 to 110 lbs torqued. I did mine at 100 and its been 4k miles with2 off road trips and no issues.
provided bolts do in fact go on the stock studs. wheel lugs go on the spydertrax studs after you put the wheel on. Finally make sure both the spacer and wheel are hub centered and flush, I've seen guys who thought they bent a c because the just tightened their wheel before centering it on the hub.

Top Bottom