Turn Signal Issue

Mikead40

Recently my right front turn signal has started going out. It works fine for about 10 seconds, then the "right front turn signal out" message pops up on the dash and sure enough, the light is not working. If I shut off the ignition and restart, it will work again for another 10 seconds and then it goes out. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on what may be causing this? (I've checked the wiring harness connection, the bulb connection etc and everything seems fine...)

tdougherty81

Switch? I think mine is bad, different symptoms. My left signal is delayed sometimes and when I turn my lights on they are also delayed.

Mikead40

In case anyone has this same issue and stumbles upon this thread...the issue was fixed by replacing the bulb. I started with the simplest solution and it worked. Which is, I guess, a win

Last edited:

toxicwaste29

Have you checked all the grounds? I had a similar issue and it ended up being a ground that went from the battery to firewall to the motor. No idea why it affected the turn signals

Mikead40

Have you checked all the grounds? I had a similar issue and it ended up being a ground that went from the battery to firewall to the motor. No idea why it affected the turn signals

Thanks for the suggestion - I didn't check the any of the grounds. I started by swapping out the bulbs and it seems to have worked. If it starts acting up again I'll definitely check the gounds.

davantalus

Thanks for the bulb tip.

Mine did that on the freeway the other day... when I got to my driveway it worked fine though. I was fiddling around with the rear taillight plug so maybe it's a little loose or something :idontknow:

Top Bottom