Mopar 3" Lift?

NBarton

I may have missed a post about it somewhere but I couldn't find any. What are the local opinions on the Mopar 3"lift kit? It looks to be a very complete kit and well priced at ~$2400 compared to similar kits that do not start as complete.

I have a 2015 JKU "X" edition (it was the hood that got me). It will always be a daily driver but I've already experienced the need for more tire, more clearance and better looks. A 3" lifts seems about right and I think 35" tires will work until it it's time for it to become w more trail oriented rig.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, if you ask me, that's a lot of money for a kit that comes with fixed control arms and no front steering geometry correction. I'm not even sure why it comes with limiting straps. I'm sure it'll work okay and if you get it, I would recommend you get something like an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit to complete the kit. Otherwise, yeah, 3" is good for 35's when running factory full fenders.

KICKROX

I actually have that kit, I was going to go with the EVO kit like Eddie mentioned but I got a screaming deal from my friend that works at our local Jeep dealership because they had one that wasn't complete..All I had to do is buy the missing parts. I do like the stance it gave my Jeep and I did take it to the Rubicon and it performed well.. we only made it 3.5 miles in (Little Sluice) and back but it did the job.

Are these the rebranded teraflex ones?
Yes, it's a Teraflex, I found that out when I had to buy the missing parts, I ordered them from Mopar but they were shipped from Teraflex.

I don't know, if you ask me, that's a lot of money for a kit that comes with fixed control arms and no front steering geometry correction. I'm not even sure why it comes with limiting straps. I'm sure it'll work okay and if you get it, I would recommend you get something like an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit to complete the kit. Otherwise, yeah, 3" is good for 35's when running factory full fenders.

Thanks Eddie, now I know what I'm missing... I'm also replacing the Tie-Rod with a Heavy Duty one since I bent it at the Rubicon. Do you think I should disconnect the limiting straps? what else you think I should do to make the kit better if need to?

Jackal01

Are these the rebranded teraflex ones?

Looks like it per Quadratec...

"...Co-developed with FOX and TeraFlex, the Stage 3 Lift utilizes an external reservoir version of the FOX 2.0 Performance Series shock for even greater heat dissipation. The shocks, in combination with the Mopar / TeraFlex SpeedBump System (used on the front axle), provide exceptional performance at speed."

I wouldn't spend $2400 on it.

boardsurfer

I have the lift and it does the job (came with the jeep). After adding the Evo drag link flip and adjustable front lowers, it rides a ton better. The bump steer was maddening. Bottom line you could do a lot better for that money, especially since it took another $700+ to make it tolerable on the road.

KingCopperhead

I have the kit also. For the money you can do a lot better. Like boardsurfer I added the evo drag link flip, although I didn't experience the ride issues that they did. I like the road manners of mine. It's on the firm side, but I prefer that.

The lack of disconnects was what really irked me.

The speed humps are basically useless and add quite a bit to the cost of the kit.

The control arms have held up to several beatings through rausch creek's rocky terrain.

35's fit fine, even with stock fenders.

I wracked my brain trying to figure out why mopar included limiting straps on this kit. The only thing I can think of is to keep folks from over extending brake lines, breather tubes and to work in conjunction with the exhaust spacers that are used to prevent the front drive shaft from contacting the cross member.

Otherwise they're useless "bling" on a kit with such short travel. I'm planning to take mine off once I get new brake lines. They're connected to the frame and axle with a bolt on each respective end. Very easy to remove.

Sidenote : I had a terrible rattle from the exhaust spacers. Once I replaced my front DS and removed the the rattle went away.

Like I said. I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't buy it again knowing what I know now since I plan for bigger and better.

Attachments

• 1431551191530.jpg
    1431551191530.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 1431551208153.jpg
    1431551208153.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 118

NBarton

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I guess I'll go back to researching and plan to target something basic with good build ability. The EVO Enforcer is holding my attention this PM. It'll be a while before I buy so there's plenty of time to change my mind 6 or 7 thousand times.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I guess I'll go back to researching and plan to target something basic with good build ability. The EVO Enforcer is holding my attention this PM. It'll be a while before I buy so there's plenty of time to change my mind 6 or 7 thousand times.

I doubt very seriously you can get a better kit than the Enforcer for that price range.

Top Bottom