2012 trade in prices

Chairokey

Hey all. I was reading on the JK forum and a guy posted that the dealership had a Rubicon unlimited for 30k. They offered to pay off the 24k he owed on his 2012 and give him the Rubicon for $50 more a month. Basically he was wondering if it was a good deal or not. It got me thinking. I owe 25k on my sport, 2 door, and I'd love to trade it in for a 2013 rubicon unlimited. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with trade in prices on 2012 models. I'm thinking about hittin up the dealership this weekend. I'm not too sure i could score a good a deal as this guy but I'd jump on it in a heart beat if i could.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was thinking the same as I only owe $22K on my 2012 that I got 4 months ago. But I decided to just pay it off and then buy a 4 door in a couple years. I don't know if it would be a good idea for you because I am pretty sure you will be upside down on your current jeep. But only the dealership will be able to tell you for sure and it won't hurt to go find out. The worst thing that happens is you test drive a new jeep but can't take it home.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The first thing I always do when looking to trade in a vehicle is check Kelly Blue book and the NADA websites for estimated trade in value. Also check both sites for the suggested Retail of the new vehicle you are looking to purchase. These sites allow you to put in all the bells and whistles, mileage, condition, etc. the vehicle has in order to give you the best estimate. At least one of the sites will also tell you the average selling price for that vehicle, i.e. what most people actually pay instead of just the retail price (for new cars/Jeeps). That way you have a good starting point and will have a better idea if the dealer is trying to screw you.

Then play Let's Make a Deal! lol good luck! :thumb:

White_JKU

As long as you don't re-finance or anything during the term of the loan, you shouldn't get upside down in the note..... Only because of the awesome re-sale value of the JK!!!
I've o my owned mine for a year... Paid nothing down, and currently owe less than what it's worth...... And that's with a 11.5% interest rate!

koop2

Well I just got rid of a 2012 JK base sport with 6807 miles on it I owed 24 they gave me 25 for mine and I had it only 5 months and I didnt put anything down and had add on's. And we got rid of the wifes 2011 sahara it was a 6sp with Nav and had rubi stocks on it they gave us 25 for it with 13k on it was a 2dr. Now she has a 13 4dr and she is crazy happy I am waiting to get a rubi once I find a color I like and I love the new seats their so dam nice!

IMG_1860.jpg

koop2

This was before I pulled everything off the jeep all the lights and etc came off! I know the dozer doesnt look like a base model but it was!

Top Bottom