Stiff Ride, would EVO Plush Coils help?

REKLESS-RED

Hey Guys, My JKU is my daily driver and is a fairly stiff ride. I am running a 4.5 BDS lift with the BDS shocks, 35 in tires aired down to 28 PSI. Would the 4" EVO Plush Coils make a big difference in smoothing out my ride quality vs. the BDS coils? Or would i need to swap out the coils as well as get Rancho 9000s (i would love to get KINGS but i simply cannot afford them)

Any input is appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the most part, ride quality is determined by the coils you run. You shocks will make up the difference. Running Plush Ride coils alone will soften up your ride.

REKLESS-RED

For the most part, ride quality is determined by the coils you run. You shocks will make up the difference. Running Plush Ride coils alone will soften up your ride.

Thanks! I'll most definitely will be ordering them up from Northridge4x4 before the end of the month! Cant pass up 10% off :clap2::thumb: Plus, I'm getting sick of my teeth chipping in the mornings.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hey Guys, My JKU is my daily driver and is a fairly stiff ride. I am running a 4.5 BDS lift with the BDS shocks, 35 in tires aired down to 28 PSI. Would the 4" EVO Plush Coils make a big difference in smoothing out my ride quality vs. the BDS coils? Or would i need to swap out the coils as well as get Rancho 9000s (i would love to get KINGS but i simply cannot afford them)

Any input is appreciated.

You have flat fenders and 35" tires? I would go with 3" coils. But 4" plush coils would still ride nice.

REKLESS-RED

You have flat fenders and 35" tires? I would go with 3" coils. But 4" plush coils would still ride nice.

I am running with flat fenders. I currently have 35s on the jeep and they look tiny, when these run out of tread i will be purchasing 37s. I'm in the process over the summer of making several updates my axles (ring/pinion, C gussets) and adding a flipped drag link before the 37s go on. Gotta make sure what i have can at least handle the 37s, or at least can sustain until it breaks and i buy a PR44.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I am running with flat fenders. I currently have 35s on the jeep and they look tiny, when these run out of tread i will be purchasing 37s. I'm in the process over the summer of making several updates my axles (ring/pinion, C gussets) and adding a flipped drag link before the 37s go on. Gotta make sure what i have can at least handle the 37s, or at least can sustain until it breaks and i buy a PR44.

Oh cool, I thought you were keeping the 35" tires. I run the 3" and love them.

Plush rides will definately improve it. Ive only ran them with the rancho 9k so i dont know what coils alone would do. Its an amazing combo

twoxstreem

I had the same BDS 4.5" coils and swapped them for the 4" plush ride coils at first. Then later on swapped the BDS Fox 2.0 for the Evo Spec King 2.5s.

The coils helped a little but were still rough with the BDS fox shocks. The evo coils with the 2.5 kings are a much more balanced and civil ride.

The guys at Evo MFG did tell me that the Rancho 9000 adj are a good match for the plush rides if you are on a budget.

REKLESS-RED

All great advice. Thanks. I think I'll be ordering the EVO Plush Coils soon. Depending on the ride I might be adding the rancho 9000 at a later point. Would it raise any issues or concerns if I swapped out the coils on my own?

twoxstreem

All great advice. Thanks. I think I'll be ordering the EVO Plush Coils soon. Depending on the ride I might be adding the rancho 9000 at a later point. Would it raise any issues or concerns if I swapped out the coils on my own?

I swapped mine out with out an issues... I added rear correction wedges and spring retainers in rear as well at the same time.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The bilstein 5100 seem to me to be good with the plush rides as well, cant say I havnt thought about going to the ranchos tho just to see.

g00se04

I just moved over to the 4" plush ride coils and it was a big difference riding around town on our crappy streets.

twoxstreem

Are wedges and retainers necessary or a bennificial add on?

My plush ride coils bowed and touched the trackbar. The correction wedges aligned the coils.

They probably raise the rear about 1/4" or so.

I installed the retainer clips as added protection while I was working on the coil I figured why not.

Top Bottom