ARB Twin Compressor mounted in the back

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Has anyone mounted the ARB Twin Compressor in the back over the wheel well? I do not want to mount mine under the hood. Did some searching around the internets, but I can't find anyone talking about it. I know I've seen a picture of it before somewhere. Would appreciate anyone who has seen a thread or has any pointers on it.

I'm assuming I'll need to fab a bracket for it, but was just curious if anyone had tried before.

Has anyone mounted the ARB Twin Compressor in the back over the wheel well? I do not want to mount mine under the hood. Did some searching around the internets, but I can't find anyone talking about it. I know I've seen a picture of it before somewhere. Would appreciate anyone who has seen a thread or has any pointers on it.

I'm assuming I'll need to fab a bracket for it, but was just curious if anyone had tried before.

I am in the same boat and have decided to go under the seat for a few different reasons (compressor arrives Friday), However where you mentioned is still a option. I did see a rack mount for that location that could be used for the compressor - let me see if I can locate it.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I am in the same boat and have decided to go under the seat for a few different reasons (compressor arrives Friday), However where you mentioned is still a option. I did see a rack mount for that location that could be used for the compressor - let me see if I can locate it.

I want to mount a 1gal tank somewhere in the rear - perhaps at the old muffler location, perhaps inside. My tank arrives Friday, but the compressor I test fitted in the area and it would work there assuming I build a shelf for it on the wheel well.

Springtail Solutions make a rack that you could mount the compressor to vertically and probably the tank as well. Problem is they are VERY Proud of their racks and have the price to prove it.

With my current spare tire solution I was thinking of a larger tank in the unused space between my spare tire and back seat. Jury is still out.

MIURA

Don't want to derail the thread, but I'm looking at the ARB compressor as my next purchase.. Why are you guys opposed to mounting it under the hood? What are the benefits of having it in the trunk or under the seat? Will it be just as easy to go from wheel to wheel for airing up? (my intuition tells me no)

Jake Wilson

Don't want to derail the thread, but I'm looking at the ARB compressor as my next purchase.. Why are you guys opposed to mounting it under the hood? What are the benefits of having it in the trunk or under the seat? Will it be just as easy to go from wheel to wheel for airing up? (my intuition tells me no)

Because it takes up a lot of space. There is very little room under the hood so if you can move something out of there I would say do it.

relayer4u

One of the recent ARB SEMA Jeeps had the dual compressor and air tank on a custom mount over the passenger side wheel well.

Looked like a nice place for it! :thumb:

ttfhell

They make a mount that goes over the master cylinder that plenty of guys run. Need a funnel for brake fluid but it fits. Way better than having to dig in your trunk if you have a tire carrier in my opinion.

MIURA

Because it takes up a lot of space. There is very little room under the hood so if you can move something out of there I would say do it.

They make a mount that goes over the master cylinder that plenty of guys run. Need a funnel for brake fluid but it fits. Way better than having to dig in your trunk if you have a tire carrier in my opinion.

Interesting.. the researching continues!

relayer4u

One of the recent ARB SEMA Jeeps had the dual compressor and air tank on a custom mount over the passenger side wheel well.

Looked like a nice place for it! :thumb:

Here's a picture of the setup that Eddie got, it's the 2012 ARB SEMA JK:

main.php

:beer:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

Unless you're going to have an external nipple to hook to like I will.

JAGS

Hooked
I've seen a few of these compressors have issues and when they do the oil flowed back to the compressor and has sprayed under the hood. Not really a big deal as you can fix. Something to maybe consider if it is mounted inside???

Dyerjk

I have the twin mounted under my hood with the MORE mount. My breather on the rear axle did get clogged and oil did come back to the compressor, spraying the inside of the hood. Glad it was under my hood and not under the rear seat where the installer wanted to put it. It runs my lockers with no problem and it's easy to open the hood and air up after a run. Opening the hood does allow the compressor to stay cool while airing up.
Takes about 2.5 minutes to air up my 35's from 12 to 35psi.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I have the twin mounted under my hood with the MORE mount. My breather on the rear axle did get clogged and oil did come back to the compressor, spraying the inside of the hood. Glad it was under my hood and not under the rear seat where the installer wanted to put it. It runs my lockers with no problem and it's easy to open the hood and air up after a run. Opening the hood does allow the compressor to stay cool while airing up.
Takes about 2.5 minutes to air up my 35's from 12 to 35psi.

I won't be using mine for lockers so this is a non-issue for me.

Top Bottom