Headlamp flickered, now I'm leaking trans fluid!

Jersey_Devil

So I upgraded to the Trucklite LEDs and they work GREAT! But last night I was going to Wendy's and went to pull away from my house it seemed like my lights flicked off and on real fast but wasn't sure as my neighbor was just pulling up and turning his lights off... Thought maybe it was an optical illusion, then less than twenty yards it happens again, my gf didn't notice, so I circled the block and it happened again and now my gf saw it happen... Sonia pull up to my house and I see only my drivers side headlight shut off so I go and bang it (obviously anyone's first method of fixing lol) and it came on, I popped hood and played with the wires and noticed that if I pull up on the wires the light comes on and stays on.... It was dark and cold and I was hungry so I got some zip ties and zipped it up, worked fine....
So I go outside today to check the wires expecting to just find a loose connection, and nice notice a spot in the street, knowing its too new to be from my old dodge Ram I look under the jk and see trans fluid all over the stabilizer and the lines are soaked.... So first things first, I look at the headlight and all the plugs are tight, so nice just zipped the other end up tight and hopefully it's OK, I know it's not the lamp itself because of the fact that the light turns on and off when I move the wire so that tells me there's a connection issue.... O well as long as my damn lights work I'm fine with it unless some else had this problem with their Trucklites....
So I run the engine and dry off all the fluid under there and watch new fluid seep outta a small pin hole in a high pressure line...... And today is supposed to be a happy day.... See there's brown santa dropping off all my new Evo equipment!

ForumRunner_20121115_124431.jpg

Jersey_Devil

Notajerryskid said:
better one than none. :rock:

Yea but still where's my disco? They dropped off 2 packages 1 was a wall mount for my new tv and the other was box 2 of 2 from evo.... Where box 1 of 2?

Jersey_Devil

I thought ups screwed up..... But it turns out evo will be shipping the disco out on Monday, they were missing a bracket, I called evo directly today cuz that's where I bought it all from, needless to say they were very helpful and said they were missing a bracket and they will be in stock on Monday and ship it out then! I can't wait!

Top Bottom