SuperChips or AEV Procal

SLAPSHOT

Looking to see whats everyones opinion on which is best? Just wanting to calibrate my rig for the tires and disable/reset my TPM. Looking at the Superchips flashcal and AEV procal. Why is one better than the other etc. GO!

vjusmc

I can't speak for the superchips programmer. I do however love the AEV programer. Very easy to use and works as advertised. I choose AEV over superchips because I heard there is glitches with superchips staying in the wrangler memory bank.

Looking to see whats everyones opinion on which is best? Just wanting to calibrate my rig for the tires and disable/reset my TPM. Looking at the Superchips flashcal and AEV procal. Why is one better than the other etc. GO!

I cant speak on the AEV, but i love my superchips. Choose it because it has a screen to view options and make adjustments.

noroad

We have both Aev for the blue jeep and Superchip for the gecko, i like the screen and the option to update to the next level the superchip has over the AEV.

JohnnyD

Superchip here...no issues

Oh wait...yes one issue was disabling tpms....and just like the aev seems after you set it off ..you must disconnect battery for 10 min to get it to take....just my experience

Other than that no issues

noroad

Superchip here...no issues

Oh wait...yes one issue was disabling tpms....and just like the aev seems after you set it off ..you must disconnect battery for 10 min to get it to take....just my experience

Other than that no issues

I didnt have to do that for either Aev or superchip. superchip u need to down load the new free update for the TPMS tho when you buy it.

Kalums

X3 on superchips(I've got the flashpaq) , but make sure you update it, I've lowered my psi to 12 no problem

OJK12

I've had both and I like the superchips just because you can upgrade it to a tuner if you want to in the future but both are easy to use, work great and priced similar. The only downfall of the superchips is the windows program is a PITA to download (at least I know mine was and a couple others I know of) not enough for me to hesitate buying again but annoying.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
AEV Procal here. Really easy to use and it just works. No messing with updates. If you aren't looking to do any tuning, the Procal is the way to go. :thumbup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have had both and like both equally. Both are simple to use and hassle free. I would get the superchips tho over the aev just for the simple fact of it having a screen and its upgradable to the flashpaq if you ever want to pay for a tune.

JohnnyD

I didnt have to do that for either Aev or superchip. superchip u need to down load the new free update for the TPMS tho when you buy it.

Yuppers did that but it still wouldn't take on my 14 til I disconnected battery. When I started would get check tpms system and 4 zero view...but no tpms warning light on dash...

Disconnected battery for a few min, all good

Just what I had to do...

I did not have any issue with the app or downloading etc...but these are really issues where most of time it's a firewall or IT issue, especially since I believe they use unsecured FTP for the files...lots of OS's do not like this by default nowadays

Hot94Z28

All I have used is the AEV it works and is simple the other sounds good if you do want to do a tune later on so its more on what you plan to do with it.

Utah_Jay

I went with the Superchips FlashCal only because I could buy it locally and I didn't want to wait for shipping after I installed my gears. Works as advertised, very easy to use. They are both about the same price and both do the same thing, you can't go wrong with either. The flashcal is upgradable which might be a plus for some.

Top Bottom