Trektop NX owners please help

Hobolobo

Hey all. I noticed the other day that my tailgate bar on my trektop wasnt actually being held in place by the tailgate. Then the rain came. Lots of it. And next thing i know, my back storage area under the mat and where the jack resides is a little swimming pool. Is there a piece to this tailgate bar that im missing? This is the second major issue ive had with this top in less than a year and i hope after it gets fixed it will be the last one because i really want to like it but im not so sure now. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431650393.260188.jpg
The culprit? Something missing? Thanks guys.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What other issues? I installed mine and in process of getting something resolved. My passenger side widow has a small tear and I have only had it on a few weeks and noticed this.
Does anybody have pics of top snug to windshield?

Hobolobo

What other issues? I installed mine and in process of getting something resolved. My passenger side widow has a small tear and I have only had it on a few weeks and noticed this.
Does anybody have pics of top snug to windshield?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431652601.181795.jpg

Theres the top to windshield. The other issue was i had a tear in the drivers side window about 3" long right where it attaches to the door surround.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Do you have the plastic hook pieces on top of your body tub on either side of the tailgate? The ones the tailgate bar should lock into...

That's exactly what I was thinking, you can't tell by his picture.

Edit: I see now. I know this is a common problem. Some folks have opted for the factory tailgate bar, and say that it solves the problem.

Last edited:
Are you rolling the tailgate bar into the hooks to lock it in place? It kinda looks to me like the overhang flap that extends down from your rear window isnt hanging enough to let the water drip over the seal. Also, you mave have the bar slid too far to one side. Try centering it up best you can

In all seriousness, heres mine.

Attachments

• 1431654120838.jpg
    1431654120838.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 1431654128519.jpg
    1431654128519.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 140
Top Bottom