Shocks for budget boost.

dunstan74

Im planing on getting a teraflex 2.5" budget boost to help me run 35s until i decide on a more permanent suspension.

My question is should i just use shock extensions for the time being and upgrade later, or will i be able to run a set of shocks for a 2.5" to 4" lift without running into issues with shocks being to long and unseating coils or bottoming out the shocks?

ctlazer5

If you're going to run a budget boost for now and now really mess with the suspension I would just use shock extensions and then do the whole suspension later all at once. Just my 2cents. :twocents:

07JKSahara

You'll be good with the extenders. I still run them because I haven't seen an absolute need for new shocks quite yet. see if you can get some rubi take off shocks for free or close, they're a little better.

dunstan74

Extensions are probably the way ill go, im more or less just interested if running the shocks with move travel is going to cause problems being that i will only have spacers ontop of coils making up the 2.5" of lift and not actually longer coils.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You'll be good with the extenders. I still run them because I haven't seen an absolute need for new shocks quite yet. see if you can get some rubi take off shocks for free or close, they're a little better.

Yup this! Rubi shocks can be had for cheap and much better than the sport shocks.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You could probably run the Rancho 9000. The 29/30 combination would work. They are about 1" or so longer than factory. That's if your bb came with bump stops.

patr1ckm

Another vote for Rancho 9000 29/30's; you can set on 3 for the front and 4 in the back, and you can adjust them as needed.

Peak

Did you kit come with bumpstops? If not I wouldn't upgrade until you get extended bumpstops because you can bottom out your shocks without them.

dunstan74

Haven't bought a kit yet so im open to any combos. Im aslo considering the evo leveling kit now that ive looked around a bit.

You could probably run the Rancho 9000. The 29/30 combination would work. They are about 1" or so longer than factory. That's if your bb came with bump stops.

When you say that, are you refering to collapsed or extended? My specs show about 1" longer collapsed, and a little over 3" longer extended.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
When you say that, are you refering to collapsed or extended? My specs show about 1" longer collapsed, and a little over 3" longer extended.

Collapsed, I'm guessing something like a teraflex bb that comes with bump stop front and back.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
If we are in the running, we are offering a rebate until June 30th of this year.
Good luck! ;)

Top Bottom