Rock Krawler 3.5inch x-factor stage 2 lift kit

rogerk93

Has anyone had a great experience with this lift kit? Flexibility, drivability, and over all experience with this kit.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
No first have experience, what exactly is attractive about this particular lift?

HeadShrinkerMD

Having a rock krawler system on my rig currently I would have to recommend that you go with some other company, probably EVO is the hands-down best choice.

While installing my rock krawler kit we sheared two of their grade 8 bolts, and then on my first wheeling trip I managed to destroy one of their sway bar end links.

HeadShrinkerMD

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431777876.848805.jpg

Oh and I should mention that when I called rock krawler about the broken bolts they never called me back or later even acknowledged that I had been trying to reach them.

When I called about the bent sway bar end link they charged me full price and shipping for the replacement even though untold them the kit had 200 miles total on it.

In my opinion, f*ck that company.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 143391

Oh and I should mention that when I called rock krawler about the broken bolts they never called me back or later even acknowledged that I had been trying to reach them.

When I called about the bent sway bar end link they charged me full price and shipping for the replacement even though untold them the kit had 200 miles total on it.

I'm not sticking up for them but the sway bar link appears to be from being overextended which is your fault not theirs. And they can't charge you if you don't give them your card so again it's your fault for paying $200 for sway bar links.

HeadShrinkerMD

I'm not sticking up for them but the sway bar link appears to be from being overextended which is your fault not theirs. And they can't charge you if you don't give them your card so again it's your fault for paying $200 for sway bar links.

I didn't pay $200 for links. I paid $7.50 plus $10 shipping. And yes, I know how they bent but for a part that is that inexpensive I would've expected RK to just ship another one no questions asked, like most companies would.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I didn't pay $200 for links. I paid $7.50 plus $10 shipping. And yes, I know how they bent but for a part that is that inexpensive I would've expected RK to just ship another one no questions asked, like most companies would.

You broke it. Why should they have to replace it because of your mistake?

Couple of questions?

What lift are you currently running?

What is your budget?

What is your end goal for your Jeep?

Your profile is not filled out so starting there would help out a lot.

R/
Will

View attachment 143391

I have not had an issue with my Rock Krawler components but then again I do not wheel that hard living in Texas.

R/
Will

Jtmw

You broke it. Why should they have to replace it because of your mistake?

Agreed. Even so, what is $7.50 when building a Jeep? Imagine being a supplier having to pay for every part that gets broken due to misuse or install error. If they did it for you it would be expected they'd do it for everyone.

GR8WHITE

My biggest complaint with my RK lift is the frame side rubber bushings on the lower control arms. Total junk and don't last. I would get arms with joints at both ends like evo or currie.

mastrcruse

I have the 3.5" x-factor kit on my JKU. I built mine to be soft on the highway with good off-road capability. The system does everything I've ever thrown at it and is a very comfortable DD (paired with rancho 9000 shocks and 35" duratracs).

It's been mentioned but the only issue I've had is the frame side bushings. I've had one control arm bushing go bad and they replaced it zero charge, no problem. I had them send me another 4 bushings just in case and have them in my tool bag for trips in the jeep. I have 10k miles on it and this has been my only issue. I went with northridges bolt upgrade and have had no problem.

I think I've got a great setup but next steps would be converting it to long arm, Evo bolt on coilovers, and then Evo DTD. If I would do it over (and new about Evo when doing my lift) I would have went with the bolt in coilovers. However, I didn't and feel the package I went with is perfect if you take Evo out of the game.

Is it the best...no. my advice, if you or anyone has a 2-door, call RK and request the shorter control arms with the kit. The 1" stretch isnt much of an issue with dialing in the 4-door but, with a 2-door, they offer a shorter version so you can dial in perfectly.

Last edited:

JCDriller

My biggest complaint with my RK lift is the frame side rubber bushings on the lower control arms. Total junk and don't last. I would get arms with joints at both ends like evo or currie.

They have a new joint on the frame side, don't know longevity, but it does ride nice and the flex seems to be there.

MurderedJK

User Error! You set them up wrong or you failed to disconnect your swaybar before your trip. No company will pay for your mistakes otherwise they will be out of business.

rogerk93

Couple of questions?

What lift are you currently running?

What is your budget?

What is your end goal for your Jeep?

Your profile is not filled out so starting there would help out a lot.

R/
Will

I currently don't have any lift. But I'm looking for a 4inch lift to run with 37's. I want a lot of articulation with the confidence that parts dealing with the suspension will handle the abuse. Budget is really up in the air I'm willing to spend for quality parts.

mastrcruse

If you have no budget in mind go Evo bolt in or DTD. I'm the same way about getting the best I can, if I knew about Evo I would have went that way vs. my X factor.

I think overlandjk said it perfectly in another thread...if you wanna go fast over stuff get the Bolt in, if you wanna go really fast do the DTD. I've seen threads that the DTD is a bit more maintenance than the bolt in so if it's a DD the bolt in might be perfect.

Last edited:

rogerk93

If you have no budget in mind go Evo bolt in or DTD. I'm the same way about getting the best I can, if I knew about Evo I would have went that way vs. my X factor.

I think overlandjk said it perfectly in another thread...if you wanna go fast over stuff get the Bolt in, if you wanna go really fast do the DTD. I've seen threads that the DTD is a bit more maintenance than the bolt in so if it's a DD the bolt in might be perfect.

I'm going to check them out. Haven't really looked into them that much. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom