Evo bolt in coilovers

jgarz05

So I currently am running aev 2.5 lift with aev 3.5 coils in the front with control arm drop bracket. I would like to get evos bolt in coilovers and most likely rk triple threat long arm upgrade but since I'm not made of money and can't get it all at once I was thinking 3 stages get the front then rear then upgrade arms every 3 months upgrade to the next stage so I would spread the payments out. What does everyone think I would also be doing synergy high steer and both drive shafts this summer and start the stages in December.
Thanks for the help everyone!

MarkW13

So I currently am running aev 2.5 lift with aev 3.5 coils in the front with control arm drop bracket. I would like to get evos bolt in coilovers and most likely rk triple threat long arm upgrade but since I'm not made of money and can't get it all at once I was thinking 3 stages get the front then rear then upgrade arms every 3 months upgrade to the next stage so I would spread the payments out. What does everyone think I would also be doing synergy high steer and both drive shafts this summer and start the stages in December.
Thanks for the help everyone!

If you want to save some costs, just go with the enforcer pro. It comes with all the brackets, drag link kit, etc. All you have to buy is driveshafts. Then when you get a chance upgrade to the long arm. I believe the evo long arm is much better, but that's just me. Save your money and buy it once.

jgarz05

If you want to save some costs, just go with the enforcer pro. It comes with all the brackets, drag link kit, etc. All you have to buy is driveshafts. Then when you get a chance upgrade to the long arm. I believe the evo long arm is much better, but that's just me. Save your money and buy it once.

I'll go check the enforcer out. Yea I'm trying just skip a lot of the bs stages and just do it once right. Thanks man

MarkW13

I'll go check the enforcer out. Yea I'm trying just skip a lot of the bs stages and just do it once right. Thanks man

No prob. The enforcer pro and a front driveshaft is about $4800 from northridge. It's a lot of money, but it gives you a chance to try it out short arm. If handling is to your liking, you can buy the remainder of the control arms from Currie for far less than going long arm.

jgarz05

No prob. The enforcer pro and a front driveshaft is about $4800 from northridge. It's a lot of money, but it gives you a chance to try it out short arm. If handling is to your liking, you can buy the remainder of the control arms from Currie for far less than going long arm.

I feel like just front lowers is pointless wouldn't I still new uppers to fix my caster

jgarz05

4300$ is a lot to drop at once if I were to just to the front then couple months do the back would that be an issue ya think?

noroad

4300$ is a lot to drop at once if I were to just to the front then couple months do the back would that be an issue ya think?

shouldnt as long as you have enough lift and proper other lift parts, i have just rear coilovers at the moment.

TheDuff

You could save a lot of money by not getting the 3 link setup or highsteer. Aside from rk joints being hit and miss, the 3 link would not net you any additional flex over a 4 link long arm or short arm for that matter. It's a pretty much a gimmick to be honest.

MarkW13

Its doable. Technically you can leave the aev drop brackets in place and it shouldn't change your steering geometry. All of the evo components are available individually.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What are the spring rates the come standard on the coilovers? If you want a higher spring rate where do you get them?

I say save up and do it all at once. That way the jeep is only down one time and you have something that you can use now. It will all go together and be tweeted only once. Otherwise you will be chasing things along the way.

Trail JK

I purchased mine in stages similar to what you're thinking and it helped me afford what I wanted while feeling like I was making progress along the way.

After I had all the parts to the kit we took a weekend to do the install and did it at one time.

The long arms are still on my list but I didn't want to wait so I purchased EVO's lower control arms. This set up is perfectly great even if I never upgrade to the long arms. Although I still want to upgrade to long arms I have found that there are a few other upgrades that I want to do before the long arms such as a ram assist.

Looking forward to seeing your build come together! 👍

bkac

Caught the Bug
No, I can try and find out. I'm swapping my front 250's for 300s so I'll have 200/300 in the front bolt-ons. I'm doing the lever in the rear. 250/300 works great in the rear if you carry a lot of stuff with the bolt-ons. it's a little stiffer ride but you can always play around with the tuning rings to get it to your comfort.

noroad

No, I can try and find out. I'm swapping my front 250's for 300s so I'll have 200/300 in the front bolt-ons. I'm doing the lever in the rear. 250/300 works great in the rear if you carry a lot of stuff with the bolt-ons. it's a little stiffer ride but you can always play around with the tuning rings to get it to your comfort.

you looking to sell your font upper 250s?

Top Bottom