Ace Rock Sliders installation problem

CoryB

Disclaimer - I have modded many vehicles and added/built numerous parts to my Jeeps over the years but this is the first time i've experienced this problem.

I purchased a set of Ace Rock Sliders for my 2015 2-door JK but I've run into a problem trying to install them.

Neither rear body bolt will unscrew more than about 5/8 of an inch. The front bolts come out with no problem. I have tried using both a ratchet and an air impact gun as well as putting downward pressure on the washer to get the bolts to come completely out, but have had no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what to do to get the bolts completely out?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I know it is probably a little late but get a set of EVO sliders. I went the ACE route a couple years ago and thought they were awesome how many times I hit rocks and they "saved" me but after switching them out for EVO I have way better clearance and don't hit my EVO ones a tenth as much on the same trails such as the Rubicon, etc.

JeepDrum

As long as you're sure they're completely unscrewed and just spinning freely...try getting a piece of wood 1-2 feet long. Put one end on top of the big washer for the body mount bolt, and either hold the other end or put it on a 5-gallon bucket. Up to you. Then just hut the wood on the end close to the washer and it should pop out after a few blows.

*Edited to correct spelling*

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I had the same problem with my 13. I screwed them back in and then back out. And pulled down hard on them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
As long as you're sure they're completely unscrewed and just spinning freely...try getting a piece of wood 1-2 feet long. Put one end on top of the big washer for the body mount bolt, and either hold the other end or put it on a 5-gallon bucket. Up to you. Then just hut the wood on the end close to the washer and it should pop out after a few blows.

*Edited to correct spelling*

Almost got them all too. ;)

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I actually slightly pushed upward on mine while screwing them out and they caught and backed out.

Mine were stuck 2. Had to use a pry bar to pop them out. As jkzinger said I to had the ace rails and thought they were great. Since then I switched to the Evo sliders and hit way less rocks with them.

Top Bottom