Another question about my build.

Kalums

OK so I'm looking for you guys opinion, Rancho 9000s or on board air, I was thinking the ARB twin compressor and an air tank. Let me know what your choice would be and why plz.

Rccrwlr

OK so I'm looking for you guys opinion, Rancho 9000s or on board air, I was thinking the ARB twin compressor and an air tank. Let me know what your choice would be and why plz.

What would you be using the air for?

Kalums

Just airing up and the occasional impact wrench for lug nuts, I'm building an overland/hunting, fishing/camping Jeep for family weekend getaways, planning on going camping in Oregon near the end of summer

Pyro1415

I'd go with a viair 450 cheaper and it can handle what you're asking. 9000s are a decent shock especially for expedition.

Pyro1415

I see you have a 4 door I'd consider the bilstein 5100s they're a little to firm on a 2 door but they shine on the 4.

Kalums

Well I've got a new set of Rubicon shocks, so I will probably just stick with those. But which. On board compressor should I go with and why?

Pyro1415

Yeah any real shock will beat the stock cheapo. I blew a non rubicon one on my first actual trip, bought my bilsteins used from a guy who drove like an ass and rolled his jeep, now I hit anything I can with them and I'm in love. Think I'll go 5160 next time though.

Pyro1415

Well I've got a new set of Rubicon shocks, so I will probably just stick with those. But which. On board compressor should I go with and why?

Viair 450c it's cheaper and viair does air, they're made for semi trucks/ farm equipment and take the abuse. 100% duty cycle and you can buy their twin system cheaper than the arb twin... If you get the arb mount it under the seat, they're apparently prone to heat failure from what I've read. Honestly though I'd just get a portable if your running stock tires a significantly cheaper model will get er done.

Kalums

I currently have a 5 year old MV50 I got with my first JK however the wires and housing around the "fuse holder" melted the last time I aired up the stock 27"(got 33s now) that were originally on my Jeep. It worked great.... But does any one know how to take it apart and rewire with larger gauge wire that can actually handle the compressors needed power? (checked spew tube couldn't find anything)

Pyro1415

I currently have a 5 year old MV50 I got with my first JK however the wires and housing around the "fuse holder" melted the last time I aired up the stock 27"(got 33s now) that were originally on my Jeep. It worked great.... But does any one know how to take it apart and rewire with larger gauge wire that can actually handle the compressors needed power? (checked spew tube couldn't find anything)

Youll need to sodder hope I spelled that right. But the circuitry might not br able to hand it either.

Top Bottom