Re-gearing

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have never done gears I would suggest going to a shop to have them done. If done wrong toy can really mess them up. I'm not a pro with gears but you will need shims a well I believe. But the master install kit may come with that.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Another reason to get the master kit is the new bearings. Sometimes you can damage them trying to press the bearings off to reuse them.

JAGS

Hooked
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a charlie brown cartoon. Wha, wha wha wha wha.... :thinking::crazyeyes::idontknow: Wayalife should have a jeep class to teach noobs like me what all the parts are and the importance, etc. So many mods, so many parts. Jeep Tech 101 hosted by Project JK/WAL/EVO. :thumb:

RGolie13

Jags I completely agree with you. I would love a video that points at and explains each part.

For example when going up to a size 37 tire you have to cut the corner off of a part and I have no idea what that is.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: you know, we've actually been talking about do little tech tips and may have to just do it. :yup:

Parker "P.T." JK

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a charlie brown cartoon. Wha, wha wha wha wha.... :thinking::crazyeyes::idontknow: Wayalife should have a jeep class to teach noobs like me what all the parts are and the importance, etc. So many mods, so many parts. Jeep Tech 101 hosted by Project JK/WAL/EVO. :thumb:

I completely agree haha, and thanks for the info.

J-S

+1 000 000 000

Serg5000

wayoflife said:
:cheesy: you know, we've actually been talking about do little tech tips and may have to just do it. :yup:

Can you get on this ASAP. I'm going to be installing the gears in the gutted housing I purchased. Being that it is the front it is the best of the two to learn on. Once I have all the parts I shall continue reading and making sure I have all my ducks in a row.

JAGS

Hooked
Jags I completely agree with you. I would love a video that points at and explains each part.

For example when going up to a size 37 tire you have to cut the corner off of a part and I have no idea what that is.

---- I'll take what is the pinch seam for $1000 ....am I right???... :beer::clap2:

---- I'd love to take part. I could be your test subject. :D "just do it."

JAGS

Hooked
Yes that would be it but I still don't know what it is.

It's where the body metal seams come together and form a harsh right angle just in front of the rear tire. To fit larger tires you need to trim that corner off or it will eat at your new tire. That's the extent of my knowledge/ability. LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's where the body metal seams come together and form a harsh right angle just in front of the rear tire. To fit larger tires you need to trim that corner off or it will eat at your new tire. That's the extent of my knowledge/ability. LOL

what he said. this should help you out...

pinchseam.jpg

Donny

I've read this info piece and would have NEVER thought that was the PINCHY THINGY DEATH TO TIRES PIECE:naw: This whole JEEP modding, off-roading, re-education, Assimilation path I am on is JUST what I needed at this point in my life:thumb:

Donny
Life on the rocks:brows:

Top Bottom